Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

Jaguar F-Type exterior colors

46K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  JagOff71 
#1 ·
Jaguar F-Type exterior colors / colours chart:

See less See more
#5 ·
I would be very very careful trusting the displayed colors on the jaguar website config/build tools.

For example I really like "Satellite Grey" when I see real photo's and also see the actual paint on a car (or a set of paint chips for the F-type) at a car show. But when I see it on the config/build tool the color does nothing for me - it just doesn't look the same.

In the case of "Satellite Grey" take a look at this picture:

http://www.neocarcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2014-Jaguar-F-type-satellite-grey.jpg

and here (below) is a 1) a 100x100 square pixel image from the build tool, and actaul 100x100 image from a photgraph and 3) a 100x100 picture from the 'pallet' in the build tool in which I selected the color "Satellite Grey".

1)
2)
3)

My point is that nothing on the website in the jaguar build tools, e.g. 1) and 3) above, ever comes close to matching the real image e.g. a true picture image e.g. 2) above.

Even the ordering guide doesn't seem do the paint colors justice (goto page 12). The product brief gets a bit closer (page 19 below I show a cut image)

IMHO in the above chart it's kind of hard to tell the difference between "Satellite Grey", "Rhodium Silver", "Lunar Grey" let alone how they look on a real car in real light. In fact I think "Lunar Grey" truly ends much darker on a real car.

I would still recommend that you look at the color if possible at an auto show, F-type dealership reveal, or even if it is on a different car at a dealer lot. I know it's tough when you are doing a pre-order e.g. ordering a color sight unseen.

Update 6/21/2013 here's my shinny new Satellite Grey F-type glowing in the California Sun CLICK

#6 ·
I am just now looking at this color thread and it appears that the color chart above is incorrect as the British Racing Green is a metallic color and not the "classic" green of old. Is there really an optional "Racing Color" British Racing Green?

#7 ·
Hi All,

Please see the colours we have available for the F-Type below (please note Dark Sapphire has now replaced Indigo):
Standard:
Ebony
Salsa Red
Polaris White
Premium:
Indigo (now Dark Sapphire)+
Ultimate Black+
Stratus Grey+
Special:
Firesand*
Black Amethyst+
Rhodium Silver*
Lunar Grey*
Satellite Grey+
Race Inspired:
Italian Racing Red+
British Racing Green+

(+Xirallic Paint) (*Metallic Paint)

I hope this clarifies things for everyone.

Many Thanks

Mike

#10 ·
You get the impression from the color chart that Jaguar sees grey as a very good color for the F-Type. Either that, or their customer base wants multiple grey options. I think Silver and all the grey colors are beautiful and frame the F-Type's shape wonderfully. I recently saw photos of a Lunar Grey F-Type V6 S with black wheels, black trim and dark tinted windows and I thought it was the most beautiful F-Type I had ever seen. However, to each their own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.