Licence Plate Install - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-12-2013, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Licence Plate Install

Use care when installing your licence plate on the rear of the car. The rear profile has a convex curve profile and an unprotected plate may damage your nice paint. Consider well placed felt or cushion pads onto the car first to isolate the potential for plate rubbing.
post #2 of 4 Old 12-12-2013, 06:27 PM

RE: Licence Plate Install

I saw that the plate would rub back in August. I installed the felt pads on the plate instead of the car. Same results, different method. Glad you noticed that rub to save your paint......Pascha
post #3 of 4 Old 12-14-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

RE: Licence Plate Install

Good catch - sharp eye. I originally thought about putting felt onto the plate or frame as you also have. Much easier effort too. But with body motion / roll, the felt will be fixed solid to the plate but will want to move against the paint - with light dust and the slightest movement under the felt - light scuffing may occur on the paint. With pads adhered to the paint they will not move. The rear has dust there 1 mile after washing it. Likely it's not an issue for most anyways.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-24-2017, 05:33 PM

Great tip

@KelownaV8-S - That's wonderful tip. You'd be surprised how many people ignore this part. Especially when the get a brand spankin new ride. Cheers!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode