Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

What exactly is Remote Keyless Entry?

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  webbrowan 
#1 ·
Hi all,

What exactly is Remote Keyless Entry?
I understand it as having a remote key and not need to touch it or pull it out of your pocket to unlock the door. Is it not? I looked up for all trims of F-Type vehicles, and regardless of which trims, from the very basic to the most expensive ones, they all say that the cars are equipped with Remote Keyless Entry. So, every F-type regardless of trims and options all can unlock the door without pulling the remote key out?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Huh?

R u serious bud? Remote Keyless Entry is something that has been around for quite some time. You keep the key in your pocket and when you get near your car, you simply pull on the door.

This is a Jaguar bud. Ofcoure it comes with a Remote Keyless Entry. Heck pretty much all Mercedes comes with this feature now too.

#3 ·
I think almost every company tries to catch up with others when there are new features that customers start to value in their vehicles. At the end of the day, the market tries to get to an equilibrium so that they are on a level playing field. Sooner or later, remote keyless entry probably will be old hat too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.