Jaguar I-Pace Debuts as an All-Electric Crossover Concept That Actually Looks Cool - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 11-15-2016, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Jaguar I-Pace Debuts as an All-Electric Crossover Concept That Actually Looks Cool

Quote:
Jaguar pulled a big surprise just before the 2016 L.A. Auto Show and has unveiled the Jaguar I-Pace, a concept for an all-electric crossover that will be on real roads in 2018.

Jaguar typically unveils concept cars that closely resemble production models, and this concept is exciting because unlike so many other electric vehicle concepts, this model looks like a real car that doesn’t look dorky at all (we’re looking at you, BMW i3).

The British automaker is boasting that the upcoming five-seat I-Pace will have 'precise, agile driving dynamics as yet unseen on an electric vehicle.' Jaguar claims the concept version can accelerate to 60 mph in about 4 seconds and has a 90 kWh lithium-ion battery with an estimated range of 220 miles.

Promising that it will focus on performance, the concept is all-wheel drive and powered by twin electric motors (one on each axle) that have a combined output of 400 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque, which happens to be the same output as the savage Jaguar F-Type SVR.

Using a 50 kW DC charging network, Jaguar says the I-Pace Concept can be fully charged in just two hours.

The Jaguar I-Pace will undoubtedly be filled with impressive technology when it arrives, as the company debuted the car through virtual reality before bringing it out on stage.
Read more about the Jaguar I-Pace Debuts as an All-Electric Crossover Concept That Actually Looks Cool at AutoGuide.com.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode