Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

Delivery delays

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  f-driver 
#1 ·
My F type V6 is due today..27 Sept

Except its not..

One of the first orders in Australia, I paced an initial deposit on 2nd Feb, got the specs started with an order create date of 22 May and the full deposit and final VISTA specs and order went into the system 8th June. Late August Jag Australia were still expecting a delivery date of 12 September to them.

Two weeks ago I started trying to firm dates up, that's when the dealer discovered the car had not left the assembly line.

Apparently one item was not available, presumably one of the more esoteric options I ordered since it's not a generic issue ( maybe config dynamics, body kit, extended leather, dealer is struggling to identify the item) and so the car got pulled off the line and parked somewhere

and forgotten.

VISTA was not updated, there was no visible sign of the delay

Only when the dealer queried it did it get resurrected, but now won't be here till late November.

I haven't posted till now since all it would have been is a rant... needless to say I'm devastated, however Jag A and my dealer are attempting to step up to the plate and soften the pain. One of my concerns is getting an accurate build plate, since these will depreciate like a rock, but JLA at least understand and acknowledge the issue, so I will post as it develops.

I don't know how anyone guards against this, hopefully Jag UK are closing whatever loophole caused it. I'll post when we identify the component then others awaiting delivery can take more considered action.

As I always said, everyone, me included, stuffs up occasionally, it's what you do next that demonstrates class...

meantime I will drive around making brmm brrm blatt noises...

for two months

sigh

See less See more
#5 ·
Paulfcdx said:
My F type V6 is due today..27 Sept

Except its not..

One of the first orders in Australia, I paced an initial deposit on 2nd Feb, got the specs started with an order create date of 22 May and the full deposit and final VISTA specs and order went into the system 8th June. Late August Jag Australia were still expecting a delivery date of 12 September to them.

Two weeks ago I started trying to firm dates up, that's when the dealer discovered the car had not left the assembly line.

Apparently one item was not available, presumably one of the more esoteric options I ordered since it's not a generic issue ( maybe config dynamics, body kit, extended leather, dealer is struggling to identify the item) and so the car got pulled off the line and parked somewhere

and forgotten.

VISTA was not updated, there was no visible sign of the delay

Only when the dealer queried it did it get resurrected, but now won't be here till late November.

I haven't posted till now since all it would have been is a rant... needless to say I'm devastated, however Jag A and my dealer are attempting to step up to the plate and soften the pain. One of my concerns is getting an accurate build plate, since these will depreciate like a rock, but JLA at least understand and acknowledge the issue, so I will post as it develops.

I don't know how anyone guards against this, hopefully Jag UK are closing whatever loophole caused it. I'll post when we identify the component then others awaiting delivery can take more considered action.

As I always said, everyone, me included, stuffs up occasionally, it's what you do next that demonstrates class...

meantime I will drive around making brmm brrm blatt noises...

for two months

sigh
It's really unbelievable how long you have to wait for the car . I ordered my car beginning of july (2013 !) with free specification and my dealer promised me 12 weeks to get the car . Well I doubtfully noticed this promise already expecting some delivery delay . But instead of getting the car to late I saw myself behind the steering wheel just 7 weeks later ! Great job of the dealer or simply great fortune ? Hang in there !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.