Thumping sound - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 08-17-2013, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Thumping sound

Our newly arrived F-type V6 has a very annoying THUMPING sound
which is coming from the rear of the car. This sound occurs if there is any dip in the road surface, in and out of driveways, left or right
turns and very loud over speed bumps. Speed has no effect on these sounds, they just happen all the time. Sounds like something is loose under the rear of the vehicle. Has anyone else out there have this problem?

Second item. I really do not like the Intelligent on/off feature. The firmware should have it defaulting to the off mode and let the driver turn it on if he/she is eco sensitive. I understand this has something to do with carbon units but why does it have to come on as a default. I like my Jaguar to Purr at a traffic light. Let the Prius be mute!
Pascha
post #2 of 21 Old 08-17-2013, 05:20 PM

Re: Thumping sound

Hi

My F Type has a knocking sound from the rear as well. Slow or fast but is more apparent with the roof up. Apparently jaguar are aware of the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
post #3 of 21 Old 08-18-2013, 10:03 PM

RE: Thumping sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascha

Second item. I really do not like the Intelligent on/off feature. The firmware should have it defaulting to the off mode and let the driver turn it on if he/she is eco sensitive. I understand this has something to do with carbon units but why does it have to come on as a default. I like my Jaguar to Purr at a traffic light. Let the Prius be mute!
Pascha
AMEN!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby789
Hi

My F Type has a knocking sound from the rear as well. Slow or fast but is more apparent with the roof up. Apparently jaguar are aware of the problem.

Contact your dealer, Jaguar has a fix for that knocking sound on the rear suspension.
They put a insulator sleeve that will eliminate that noise.
post #5 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 PM

Re: Thumping sound

Thanks

post #6 of 21 Old 08-19-2013, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmrscuderia
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby789
Hi

Contact your dealer, Jaguar has a fix for that knocking sound on the rear suspension.
They put a insulator sleeve that will eliminate that noise.
The Dealer informed us that this problem can be fixed on a "case by case basis". The parts needed, for some reason, are being shipped via
boat and not air. Sorry to say, this brand new F-type is now in storage
until the parts arrive.
post #7 of 21 Old 02-01-2014, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Thumping Sound

Well, having brought up this subject back in August 2013, I was hoping that the Jaguar fix action would be permanent. Sorry to say, the Thumping Sound from the rear springs has returned with the vehicle only having 1000 miles on it. I will be taking back this coming Wednesday, February 5th, 2014, and see what the problem might be. If your F-Type has a VIN of 6000 to 9999, you are most likely unable to hear this Thumping Sound and are lucky. It is very annoying especially when the top is up. I will keep this Forum updated via this thread: Thumping Sound.......Pascha
post #8 of 21 Old 02-04-2014, 04:24 PM

My car is one of the unlucky ones that can't be fixed with the current fix. I had to contact JAG USA to get them to allow my dealer to order the new fix. I just came back from dealer and parts are on order from England. I hope this works
post #9 of 21 Old 02-04-2014, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Thumping Sound

Thank you for the info and I am sure we are using the same Dealer. I have noted from others using this Forum, that defective shocks might also be a problem. This is a Jaguar warranty problem so I will let them run with it. Will keep you informed.....Pascha
post #10 of 21 Old 02-06-2014, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Thumping Sound

Here is the latest information in regards to the Thumping Sound from the rear of the F-Type. As of Feb 6, 2014, Jaguar in the UK is very much aware of this problem. They are also very aware that the first fix action, plastic tubing, did not hold up on the springs. They are working on a second fix action and will notify each customer by letter when a this newer fix action is ready to be installed via your local dealer. For now, we just have to wait.....If anything else comes up in regards to this subject, I will put it on this thread.......Pascha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode