Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

Suspension on base model Jag

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BECote 
#1 ·
Finally got a chance to test drive the base model F -type , i found the suspension bouncy / uneven to the extent were my wife complained of motion sickness .

In dynamic mode the car seemed to be more stable and had a better ride , certainly a big letdown .

Hopefully the V6 S version has a better suspension setting i will be test driving it this weekend .

#3 ·
FROM

Motor Auhority 30 days of F-type Suspension Article

In base models, the dampers are standard passive units, unable to adjust to the road or driving conditions. Despite the lack of adjustment, the base F-Type manages a fine balance of responsive, agile cornering and road-smoothing characteristics.

F-Type S and V8 S models are upgraded to Jaguar's Adaptive Dynamics suspension, which gives the car control over the damper rates. Allowing up to 500 adjustments per second, the system does an admirable job of controlling wheel and body motion in any scenario.

#6 ·
That whole series is very worthwhile, if you haven't read it. I was glued to it while I waited for my car to be delivered this spring.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/30-days-of-the-2014-jaguar-f-type

By the way, I love the suspension. Firm but not harsh.

#7 ·
Spirit R said:
Finally got a chance to test drive the base model F -type , i found the suspension bouncy / uneven to the extent were my wife complained of motion sickness .

In dynamic mode the car seemed to be more stable and had a better ride , certainly a big letdown .

Hopefully the V6 S version has a better suspension setting i will be test driving it this weekend .
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have a Base V6 with 20 inch wheels. I've enjoyed the suspension, finding it firm but comfortable. Having said that, my best friend bought the V6S because he preferred its suspension (active damping), so I think it's all about personal driving styles and preferences.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.