Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

Suspension - We need help from Jag

11K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  NaplesTopLess 
#1 ·
I am using this thread to request that Jaguar USA or Corporate help us a get a real fix for the sounds from the F-Type rear Suspension. I, like many members of this and other forums have had the Jag current fix installed and have found that the fix didn't complete get rid of the sound but it lessen it.

I think that a that car that costs as much as the F-Type should be completely fixed not just made better! If the car was a Chevy or some other lesser car, I might we willing to accept a partial fix but not a Jag.

Jag, if you can't duplicate the problem in your CAD programs, buy back or swap for a F-Type with the problem and find a fix.

Other members please response to this thread if you had the fix installed and you are still having the problem.

#4 ·
Well I had the dealer double check the installation of the "Fix" and they felt that it was installed correctly. They stated that they would leave the ticket open and wait for Jag US to come up with a better solution. (I understand that is all THEY can do).

I e-mailed Jag USA customer relations using the JagUSA.com web site about my problem. Today I received a call from a Jag USA rep who said she would contact my Dealer and Jag Tech support to see what Jag is doing to fix the problem. I maybe wrong, but I got the feeling Jag thought the "Fix" fixed the problem.

I think if those F-Type owners who have had the "Fix" installed and still have the noise should contacted Jag USA, though the website. This might get us a get a fix.

#5 ·
I too have the rear suspension clunk/knock. I have a V8 model. Interestingly according to the dealer my car was made after "the fix". Taking the car in the AM. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is solved, but I suspect I have the same issue as you. Do you find the noise only with the top up? With the top down I don't hear the noise at all.

It could be a completely separate clunk I am hearing. Will let you know

#6 ·
I think the noise can normally on be heard with the top down because of the insulation in the top. That said, I can some times hear the sound with the top down. Last week Jag USA called and the person I spoke with had all my paperwork and was going to look into the problem and get back to me within three working days, I am still waiting. I think Jag must get this solved or it will affect sales.

Once again, I am asking all owners who have had the fix but still have the noise to please call or e-mail Jag US. If we all let Jag know we want a REAL fix, maybe something will happen.

#7 ·
Just received calls from Dealer and Jag USA. I am taking the car in on Monday for the dealer to work with Jag Tech to fix the problem. If the doesn't work, Jag is going to fly a Tech in to work on the car. I hope they find a fix to help others fix this problem.

NOTE: If the tech is coming from up North, I am sure he wishes it was January rather than now. A free FL vacation!

#11 ·
I can say that I am still waiting for a solution. Jag's current "Fix" only lessen the problem but didn't fix it. I was promised, by the dealer's service department, that they would let me know when the next "fix" was released. Still waiting!

Since it is getting cooler down here, the top will be up more and the noise will be more of a problem for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.