Battery Issue - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2015, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Battery Issue

I have had issues with the battery. There is no low battery indicator however the starter will not even try to start the car. Then the battery indicator comes on.

Strangest thing is that this happens not after it has been parked overnight but rather after a short drive and I stop somewhere for a few minutes.

A boost solves the problem. The dealer has not been able to find anything and the battery checks out fine.

Has anyone else had a similar problem??? I'm curious that there might be a voltage sensor that prevent the starter from turning the engine over. Worse yet I'm concerned it might not start when the ECO mode shuts the engine down while in traffic.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2017, 12:42 AM

I've been getting battery warnings. The dealer blames it on a Blackvue dashcam. I took the dashcam offline for a few days, and the problem persists. I'm on a plug in trickle charger, to see if that helps...
Old 01-20-2017, 12:56 PM

QPD,

Head over to the F-Type Forum at Jaguar Forums: jaguarforums[dot]com/forum/f-type-x152-72/ F-Type ( X152 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum Search the forum for 'low battery'. There have been a number of threads on this topic; with symptoms that match yours.

The most common fix is to disconect your battery for short time (i.e. less than a minute). This resets the power management software. Give it a try and let us know how you make out.

Excuse the odd looking URL (above). I don't have enough activity here to be able to post full URLs.

Nick