Engine Mods - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-27-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Engine Mods

I am curious what it would take to bump the F Type V8 S to 550 hp from the rated 495. The same engine and transmission is found in other Jags at the higher rating. Are there differences in more than just the tune? Are the intercoolers the same size?
post #2 of 3 Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 AM

RE: Engine Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
I am curious what it would take to bump the F Type V8 S to 550 hp from the rated 495. The same engine and transmission is found in other Jags at the higher rating. Are there differences in more than just the tune? Are the intercoolers the same size?
To me it appears to be solely a ECU upgrade 30 HP and 10 NM increase between the two V6 engines is nothing .

Getting a increase on the V8 model would also be a ECU upgrade these engines are not tuned anywhere near their limits as dealers /Jag do not want claims during their warranty period

There should be quite a few aftermarket engine tuners and modifiers who will be providing the aftermarket modding crowd .
post #3 of 3 Old 08-28-2013, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

RE: Engine Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
To me it appears to be solely a ECU upgrade 30 HP and 10 NM increase between the two V6 engines is nothing .

Getting a increase on the V8 model would also be a ECU upgrade these engines are not tuned anywhere near their limits as dealers /Jag do not want claims during their warranty period

There should be quite a few aftermarket engine tuners and modifiers who will be providing the aftermarket modding crowd .
Thanks.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode