Dynamic Mode + "S" - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By abedh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-02-2013, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Dynamic Mode + "S"

Just took ownership of my F-Type V8 S this weekend, and I noticed something that's both strange and disturbing.

While taking a long drive this morning, I enabled Dynamic Mode at about 70 mph while then shifting the gear lever to the left, enabling "Sport Mode" while maintaining a relatively smooth 1,500 - 2,000 RPM (meaning that the transmission automatically shifted to an appropriate gear - in this case, I believe it was 7th - there's no visual indicator)

This afternoon, when returning from said long drive, when I did the same thing (also @ 70mph), as soon as I switched over to "Sport Mode", the transmission dropped me to 4th, and I was at 4,000 - 4,500 RPM. I know it was 4th, because when I tapped the right paddle shifter, it took me to 5th, then 6th, etc.

Any ideas why this suddenly changed? I needed at this point to hold down the right paddle shifter (the up shifter) for 1 second to re-enable automatic transmission mode.

Any ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
post #2 of 7 Old 09-02-2013, 06:43 PM

RE: Dynamic Mode + "S"

Were you going up a hill at the time?
post #3 of 7 Old 09-02-2013, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurrier
Were you going up a hill at the time?
No - both times we were on flat, straight roads. In fact, just this morning, when driving in Dynamic Mode @ 40 mph and switching over to sport, the car appears to down shift and put me in a gear that is lower than what it should be (and again, at about 4,000 rpm).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 PM

Suggest a trip to your dealer get him to reset the ECU as it seems to be confused .
post #5 of 7 Old 09-02-2013, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit R
Suggest a trip to your dealer get him to reset the ECU as it seems to be confused .
Thanks Spirit - I'll drop it off and see what they say. Appreciate the suggestion!
post #6 of 7 Old 10-30-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMythLegend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit R
Thanks Spirit - I'll drop it off and see what they say. Appreciate the suggestion!
I would be interested in what your dealer said as my V8s does the same thing.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-07-2014, 04:55 AM

Sport mode is supposed to keep you in a high rev band vs. normal auto mode. It is supposed to shift you down to a low gear for extra oomph. I believe it also looks at how much pedal you have depressed to determine where to shift.
When in S mode, if you paddle shift then it will not go back to auto mode until you push the lever out of S mode.
Omar likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode