Launch Control - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Launch Control

Has anyone had any luck with Launch Control on their V8 S Models. I can't get it to work on my V8 S. I read somewhere the feature might only be offered on the V6 S. Anyone?

2014 F-Type V8 S, Ebony Black, Jet Interior
post #2 of 7 Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 PM
DJS

RE: Launch Control

It's only on the V6S. I haven't had a great place to try it, but I have anyway briefly, and it does indeed get the car off the line faster.

post #3 of 7 Old 09-11-2013, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS
It's only on the V6S. I haven't had a great place to try it, but I have anyway briefly, and it does indeed get the car off the line faster.
Thanks for the quick reply - I appreciate it. I guess the torque on the V8 should be launch control enough!

2014 F-Type V8 S, Ebony Black, Jet Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-30-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS
Thanks for the quick reply - I appreciate it. I guess the torque on the V8 should be launch control enough!
Actually, I think the V8 could use launch control to more advantage than the V6. My V8 tends to go up in smoke on almost any hard acceleration run.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-30-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS
Actually, I think the V8 could use launch control to more advantage than the V6. My V8 tends to go up in smoke on almost any hard acceleration run.
agreed - I'm also having a hard time holding traction when accelerating quickly on a right or left hand turn from standing stop. Back end starts to run away from me until I let off the accelerator. Still working on the feel of the accelerator - after only 400 miles.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-30-2013, 06:54 PM
DJS

Dynamic Launch (as the manual calls it) would make it worse. In the V6S, it locks up the torque converter for a quicker start off the line. You put your foot on the brake (firmly), and give it some gas. Pop the brake, and floor it. Quite a bit quicker off the line. Normally, the torque converter is pretty slippy until you get going.

This would smoke the tires even worse in the V8S!

post #7 of 7 Old 12-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

I have launch on my Jeep SRT and it requires the vehicle to be pointed straight and on level ground - does not activate in corners or slight grades. Wonder if Jaguar version would be similar. I honestly have only used it a few times to try it - very weird sensation - don't miss it on my V8-S.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode