Roof Stuck - Page 3 - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 Old 08-02-2013, 09:44 PM

RE: Roof Stuck

I too had a roof malfunction within 300 miles and 4 days. It sporadically went up and down and without any intervention several times over a few hours and when driving! Like Gerry I am also currently in an XF loaner (just not the same experience and a poor cousin for me).There needs to be a better option as I bought a convertible! I am being told a new roof switch is the problem. It is being delivered, installed and tested on Monday. Really want my car back, not a good start but I know it will get better.
post #22 of 41 Old 08-02-2013, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Hey ZakJag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakJag
I too had a roof malfunction within 300 miles and 4 days. It sporadically went up and down and without any intervention several times over a few hours and when driving!
Are you saying your roof just started going up and down all by itself ? If so that's a bit different than what I was seeing - but a bad/intermittent switch might explain what I last experienced.

My roof just didn't work like the switch was disconnected - my car sat in the garage for two days over the weekend and when I dropped it off at the dealer it just worked for them they kept it a full day and couldn't get it to fail. I haven't had an issue since I picked it up on Tuesday (only been four days). So it wasn't the convertible top motor this last time, I think that's a good thing. Even though the service guys checked out all my car's wiring, they didn't find anything wrong with the convertible top system. I don't have a warm fuzzy about my issue being solved. I will of course post again if I learn more.

BTW ZakJag let us know how long the switch takes to get to your dealer.
post #23 of 41 Old 08-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Zak; Sorry to hear of your problem. Do keep us posted on what happens. Gerry; What is the status with your roof / motor issue?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 41 Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM

Hello.
I've had a similar issue to Gerry. I'm based in UK, so I think my service is going to be better.
I heard a funny flapping noise from the roof when I put it up, so I thought I'd better test it.
It stuck halfway down, so I drove 1/2 mile to the dealership to drop it off. They think it's a module that has corrupted, something to do with sending commands to the roof motor. They think they can get the new part in by tomorrow. When I pressed the button, it gave me the same warning message that you got, Gerry.
post #25 of 41 Old 08-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

I am not liking the looks of this. Keep us posted on the problem and what Jag. considers as "the fix".

post #26 of 41 Old 08-19-2013, 08:07 AM

Yeah keep us posted on your roof woes
post #27 of 41 Old 08-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Any updates?

post #28 of 41 Old 08-22-2013, 05:10 AM

After reading this thread, I think I better review the owner's manual again on manually raising or lowering the top.

I will be looking forward to any new posts on this subject.
post #29 of 41 Old 08-22-2013, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Tom,

I was the unlucky sod who started this thread seems like only 3-4 people are experiencing convertible top issues. I haven't had any more problems (knock on wood). Then again I use my top more than most had foot surgery and it is much easier to get my crutches in and out if I lower the convertible top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom45
After reading this thread, I think I better review the owner's manual again on manually raising or lowering the top.
Just keep your manual in the trunk - there is a tool (behind the passenger seat) and a procedure - it does not look fun to do - caution I also read somewhere that it is a two person job (this was not in the manual).

The good news it that it seems like 90% of the time (from this thread) it usually fails up or down so at least it is drive-able to the dealership for service.
post #30 of 41 Old 08-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Gerry; What was the "fix" this last time?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode