Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

Track Tires

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mecheng1 
#1 ·
After several years tracking my BMW 135 M sport with Dinan Stage 2 tune, I now have a 2014 F type V8S. At 10,000 miles the OEM rear tires have about 1mm left. I am wondering what is the best track tire for the Jag. Michelin Pilot SS worked great on the BMW. I am a little reluctant to replace the Jag's tires with more Pirellis.
Any suggestions from people who track their Jags please?

#2 ·
The pss are miracle tires! Handling, ride, and speed all improved noticeably. Plus, they lasted 4 times longer!

My stock tires only lasted 3 track days (~ 9mos).

My first set of pss, lasted 5 track days and ~30k miles. Even the last runs still stuck the corners at Sonoma, and just the right amount of tail happy oversteer (nee drifting) at Laguna Seca - the only way to take the Andretti corner!

2014 v8s, and just replaced them. Can't imagine going with anything else.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Agreed ! I replaced my rears with 305/30-R20 Michelin P4S and 265/35-R20 on the front. That is I went up one size to the same sized tires as on the SVR. Huge difference, they have so much better grip as I experienced with my BMW 135M Sport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.