Had The F-Type In My Hands - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Had The F-Type In My Hands

I spent 20 minutes with the six S yesterday. The car has lots of room inside but it really seems small when you look at it standing up. The car they are taking around to show is pretty rough. The roof wouldn't close properly and the car was pretty scuffed up but I got to start it and rev it and I have to say - the six isn't as throaty as I had hoped. I didn't get to drive it but I did play with all the buttons. The interior is a cut above the XKR (I own one of those) but not up to the 911 Carrera S (I own one of those too.)

The engineer said this car isn't meant to capture current XK customers. The XK is a grand tourer and the F-Type is a pure sports car. Translate that to a much stiffer ride. If you want to run the twisty roads, this is your car. If you want comfort - stick with the XK which is cheaper to insure and more comfortable.

From the back the car is very striking. From the front, I am not sure. The bar that runs across the front of the grille is disturbing to me.

I was pretty enthusiastic about this car when I first saw it but now I am just "meh." Of course one thing could change that. When I get to drive one - around July, 2013, I might fall in love if its handling is as good as the engineers say.

I'd be worried about buying one of the first cars off the line. The usual software updates and fit and finish issues are going to be dumped on people who have to have it first. They'll also pay a premium. I'm going to bide my time and let the first few hundred get on the ground. Then if I like it, I'll buy it.

There's no denying it's a special car. It just might be a but over-hyped. If everyone is expecting perfection then they might be disappointed. That's my two cents.
post #2 of 4 Old 02-22-2013, 03:21 AM

RE: Had The F-Type In My Hands

Perhaps a drive in the more GT-like eight-cylinder model will change your thoughts on the F-Type. Surely the eight will produce a more throaty sound.

Styling is a matter of opinion, and in that respect I am pretty enthusiastic about the F-Type.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 AM

Yeah i never rush out and buy the first years models of any manufacturer , wait and see i say , thanks for your honest feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-03-2013, 06:39 AM

Scott is it possible you looked at a preproduction version of the jag

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode