Production Statistics? - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Production Statistics?

Does anyone have access to detailed production statistics?
I have a 2015 F-Type R Coupe in British Racing Green. I'm also into classic cars, where rarity matters. A friend asked me "How many were built"? I'm interested in the answer.
Here's the information I can get via regular Google Searches:
Total F-Type production worldwide for model year 2015 = 11,662 units
Total F-Types sold in the USA in calendar 2015 = 4,629 (calendar year sales likely mixes model years)
The above includes base, S and R models in both convertible and coupe.

I'm assuming that roughly 10% of the build are Rs due to the higher price point (call it 500) and that they're fairly evenly split between convertible and coupe (so my coupe is roughly 1 of 250). Considering the colors offered, British Racing Green is max 10% of build.
Is it reasonable that my car is 1 of 25 sold in the USA?

(and for the "value" people - I know it won't matter until it's 30+ years old - it will still depreciate as fast as a boat).
post #2 of 2 Old 03-07-2018, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cln49098 View Post
Does anyone have access to detailed production statistics?
I have a 2015 F-Type R Coupe in British Racing Green. I'm also into classic cars, where rarity matters. A friend asked me "How many were built"? I'm interested in the answer.
Here's the information I can get via regular Google Searches:
Total F-Type production worldwide for model year 2015 = 11,662 units
Total F-Types sold in the USA in calendar 2015 = 4,629 (calendar year sales likely mixes model years)
The above includes base, S and R models in both convertible and coupe.

I'm assuming that roughly 10% of the build are Rs due to the higher price point (call it 500) and that they're fairly evenly split between convertible and coupe (so my coupe is roughly 1 of 250). Considering the colors offered, British Racing Green is max 10% of build.
Is it reasonable that my car is 1 of 25 sold in the USA?

(and for the "value" people - I know it won't matter until it's 30+ years old - it will still depreciate as fast as a boat).
Your projections are likely quite far off. R models are probably a higher percentage (more like 25% as many who can afford this are also able to pay a premium but then again the R is also about $30K less than the SVR's which are probably more like the 10% you originally projected.
so 4,629 X .25 = 1,157
I believe that more coupes were made than verts so probable a 60% factor bringing you to 694 units.
BRG can be popular as this is a British car but I would agree that it's probably a low volume color so let's say 15% so probably right around 100 cars like yours here in the USA so.. yea, not a collectors item UNLESS... you also opted for the manual transmission. Seems that is the only option that is REALLY "rare". If you did get the 6 speed manual then you are probably 1 of 10 2015 convert, BRG, manuals in the states

Tags
2015 , coupe , f-type r , production , statistics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode