UK Deliveries - Production on schedule - Jaguar F-Type Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

UK Deliveries - Production on schedule

I understand the Jaguar has built enough vehicles to issue dealers in the UK stock vehicles. The dealers have been notified that they can pick up vehicles to have them on the dealership floors by the last week of April. This is another indication that that production is proceeding as planned and that stock vehicles for US dealers should arrive approximately 30 days after the UK so the first vehicles in the US should start popping up the last week of May.

Ordered vehicles should be close behind. My build starts May 1
post #2 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 05:12 PM

RE: UK Deliveries - Production on schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram
I understand the Jaguar has built enough vehicles to issue dealers in the UK stock vehicles. The dealers have been notified that they can pick up vehicles to have them on the dealership floors by the last week of April. This is another indication that that production is proceeding as planned and that stock vehicles for US dealers should arrive approximately 30 days after the UK so the first vehicles in the US should start popping up the last week of May.

Excellent news!
I am trying to confirm if my car is part of the first batch coming to NA.
Was originally told it was planned to be a May build, and end of May to early June delivery.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-12-2013, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

RE: UK Deliveries - Production on schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by kram

Excellent news!
I am trying to confirm if my car is part of the first batch coming to NA.
Was originally told it was planned to be a May build, and end of May to early June delivery.
Thunder, if you "ordered" the vehicle and were in the first batch of "ordered" vehicles like mine, the build is will start around the beginning of May (mine is start May 1 complete May 22). The vehicles hitting US Dealers the end of May are stock/show vehicles (they can sell them) and are already underway. The first batch of ordered vehicles hits the line AFTER the stock vehicles. So if you ordered a vehicle it WILL NOT be one that arrives in May. It will arrive sometime in June. Mine is scheduled for June 25 delivery and I am in the first batch of ordered vehicles.
[hr]
PS Jag Corp said the first batch of vehicles on the line could not be modified by the dealers. The selections were pre-made and will ship to dealers to show the vehicle to prospective clients. They are probably a generic order that was built to display features on the vehicle.

I placed a deposit October 2012, and was in my dealerships order batch the first day orders opened. My dealer told me that ORDERED vehicles would not be with the first F Types to arrive. Jag Corp confirmed that ordered vehicles would be 2-4 weeks behind the first F Types to hit US lots. But spending this much, I want what I F**king want, not what someone else selects......... lol.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode