List of probs to date with F-Types
I wanted to check my new car over for known problems so compiled the following from this and another forum. I've referenced which forum if that helps and hope it doesn't upset anyone...
If you can add new problems please append to this post.
The most common problems seem to be suspension thump and centre air vent, but overall quality looks really good for a new car and first ships...
(some issues are not build issues but I can't tell from the original post so have included all)
Known issues as at 30/10/12
1. Rear Suspension Thump. Cause: Absence of an isolator sleeve fitted to the rear Coil Spring. Solution: A Technical Service Bulletin details how to fit an isolator sleeve to each individual rear Coil Spring to eradicate the noise. (Rob Enderle, http://www.jaguarforums.com/ and several others
2. Flakey paint, pos only on BRG and Black BRG paint is starting to chip in certain creases on my car. The area is the crease between the back of the door and the rear wheel well. It is happening on both sides (tom45 ) http://www.f-typeclub.com/
3. Water in headlamp covers -anecdotal from my dealer but manual says you may get temporary condensation.
4. Burnt to the ground-reason unknown http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/attachments/f-type-all-new-72/51692-possible-fire-issue-ku-bigpic-jpg?dateline=1377006681 http://www.jaguarforums.com/
5. Tire sensor says tires need air. Dealership unable to clear the code even though the tires are fine. Solution: The factory improperly installed a European sensor on the front left tire instead of the US sensor. (Scott Bourne) http://www.jaguarforums.com/
6. The stop/start ceased to function (blacklotus) http://www.jaguarforums.com/
7. The brake lights are stuck on and the dealer hasn't been able to figure anything out (blacklotus) Solution: Replacing the brake light switch / module http://www.jaguarforums.com/
8. Centre Vent. The center vent that should retract and deploy when turned on and off will only retract about 70% when turned off and will not deploy at all when turned on.(Snowcone) http://www.jaguarforums.com/ Centre vent won't open all the way (tom45, bconklin, tai4de2) http://www.f-typeclub.com/
9. A center console latch that opened instead of locked when the car was locked (Rob Enderle) http://www.jaguarforums.com/ ( I think there a tech Service Bulletin on this)
10. Ticking Noise. I kicked it into the "Sportshift" mode and hit the pedal. Drove a little in the full Auto mode without doing any manual shifting, and after hearing the engine, put it back into normal Drive. Almost immediately after, I could hear a slight "ticking noise." The noise corresponds with the RPM. The sound got a lot worse by the time we got home, and now sounds like a deep go-kart noise. (NicolajM) http://www.jaguarforums.com/
11. Part of roof mechanism not laying flat when top is down. (tai4de2) http://www.jaguarforums.com/
12. Convertible top getting stuck mid-stream. (Hhmaker) http://www.jaguarforums.com/ and "convertible top won't go down Solution: Replace the conv top motor (GerryJag) http://www.f-
13. Scratches on the dashboard (under the moving air vent area) (Hhmaker) (Some of our problems were caused by Jaguar roadside) http://www.jaguarforums.com/
14. Water penetration on the passanger side. (Hhmaker) (Some of our problems were caused by Jaguar roadside) http://www.jaguarforums.com/
15. Clear coat on the front on the hood was peeling (Hhmaker) (Some of our problems were caused by Jaguar roadside) http://www.jaguarforums.com/
16. Gear box fault. Went to drive it and error came out Gear box fault. Could not clear it... I called the dealer.. . Solution: There is a upgrade. They replace the shift with a new upgraded one. (tonystf) Note I am lead to believe if you start the car and quickly engaged the gear it
will fail I believe it is a software problem (nrwatson) http://www.jaguarforums.com/
17. Dashboard Creaks and squeaks as if it's too tight. (Scooby789) http://www.f-typeclub.com/