Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great ride so far and a big crowd attraction wherever we drive on the California central coast. Got FST JAG for the plate (not the best but Jag guys had all the really good ones taken). Anyone know what is required to change out the chrome power vents for shinny black ones?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Jim Jones said:
Great ride so far and a big crowd attraction wherever we drive on the California central coast. Got FST JAG for the plate (not the best but Jag guys had all the really good ones taken). Anyone know what is required to change out the chrome power vents for shinny black ones?
Get the vents taken out and powder coat them Black or any other colour your heart desires , then fit them back .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Welcome Jim. A question for you. After 1K miles of driving do you think that the V-8 engine / exhaust sounds are a bit over the top for comfort on longer drives? I've read that some folks find the exhaust note a bit overpowering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Given that:

3 in 10 people over age 60, or 30%, have hearing loss;
1 in 6 baby boomers (ages 41-59), or 14.6%, have a hearing problem;
1 in 14 Generation Xers (ages 29-40), or 7.4%, already have hearing loss;

Hearing loss citation

It will only be a problem for some of us...:(


Chip said:
Welcome Jim. A question for you. After 1K miles of driving do you think that the V-8 engine / exhaust sounds are a bit over the top for comfort on longer drives? I've read that some folks find the exhaust note a bit overpowering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chip said:
Welcome Jim. A question for you. After 1K miles of driving do you think that the V-8 engine / exhaust sounds are a bit over the top for comfort on longer drives? I've read that some folks find the exhaust note a bit overpowering.
I have taken some 2-3 hour trips and the sound was no problem. But then I am a top down like to hear the exhaust kind of guy. You can put it in stealth mode and the sound is very resonable.
[hr]
Spirit R said:
Jim Jones said:
Great ride so far and a big crowd attraction wherever we drive on the California central coast. Got FST JAG for the plate (not the best but Jag guys had all the really good ones taken). Anyone know what is required to change out the chrome power vents for shinny black ones?
Get the vents taken out and powder coat them Black or any other colour your heart desires , then fit them back .
Thanks. I ended up ordering the black ones from the factory and putting them in myself. See exterior thread where I posted the experience. In summary you can do it if you are not afraid of putting the muscle to an aluminium $100k+ car! Looks great with the 20" shinny black spoke wheels.
[hr]
Spirit R said:
Jim Jones said:
Great ride so far and a big crowd attraction wherever we drive on the California central coast. Got FST JAG for the plate (not the best but Jag guys had all the really good ones taken). Anyone know what is required to change out the chrome power vents for shinny black ones?
Get the vents taken out and powder coat them Black or any other colour your heart desires , then fit them back .
Thanks. I ended up ordering the black ones from the factory and putting them in myself. See exterior thread where I posted the experience. In summary you can do it if you are not afraid of putting the muscle to an aluminium $100k+ car! Looks great with the 20" shinny black spoke wheels.
[hr]
Tom45 said:
Congratulations on your new car. We would like to see pictures.
Thanks Tom, I will takes some and send them along in a separate post. Its Italian racing red V8 S with 20" Black Tornado wheels and the red and black interior. Have a 2009 CTS V modified and tuned to 670 bhp in essentially the same color. (GM calls it Chrystal Red Tricoat) They make a great pair for my driveway but boy do they behave differently. Jag feels much faster and way more nimble. It is more nimble but not faster according to some street testing. I would take the Jag any day, however. Just a lot of fun to drive.
[hr]
Tom45 said:
Congratulations on your new car. We would like to see pictures.
Thanks Tom, I will takes some and send them along in a separate post. Its Italian racing red V8 S with 20" Black Tornado wheels and the red and black interior. Have a 2009 CTS V modified and tuned to 670 bhp in essentially the same color. (GM calls it Chrystal Red Tricoat) They make a great pair for my driveway but boy do they behave differently. Jag feels much faster and way more nimble. It is more nimble but not faster according to some street testing. I would take the Jag any day, however. Just a lot of fun to drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Enjoy SOUNDS quick trick. Keep dynamic mode OFF with car was etc. Dont let suds get into. However my experience after all this time if u want to rip it close dynamic in then ensure wet snow not active then rip it.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top