Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

2019 F TYPE R AWD Exhaust Leak?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jlewis10 
#1 ·
New to the forum. Just purchased an F Type R AWD 2019. Had a few services done since purchase including the supercharger isolator TSB.

Ever since purchase, I’ve noticed a ticking/whistling sound coming from around the drivers side down pipe area. Becomes loud when engine is warm. I have attached a video. To me it doesn’t quite sound like an exhaust leak but not ruling it out. Any thoughts? Noise especially apparent between 750-1100 rpm

Here is the link to the video: iCloud

Shorter video isolating the sound with higher rpm: iCloud

Thank you very much in advance!

#2 ·
Presumably it is under warranty for another 3 years at least. Jaguar dealer should be able to diagnose/dismiss this issue. A simple smoke test is best way to confirm a small exhaust leak. I once had a "micro" leak on a Jeep Grand Cherokee that took a long time to resolve until a smoke test confirmed the location. Needless to say, in the meantime, the dealer had replaced the O2 sensors to "fix" the check engine light. Though, I would be a bit surprised if a new Jag would not detect a leak in the exhaust in the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.