Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 F Type P300 RWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and picked up my P300 rwd recently.

I'm trying to figure out how I can get the exhaust to crackle and pop. I have the sport exhaust and despite being in dynamic mode and using shifters I can't seem to get the crackles and pops on downshift.

Any help and suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and picked up my P300 rwd recently.

I'm trying to figure out how I can get the exhaust to crackle and pop. I have the sport exhaust and despite being in dynamic mode and using shifters I can't seem to get the crackles and pops on downshift.

Any help and suggestions would be great.
From what I know, the newer cars have software to dampen the exhaust signals - unlike 2014-2018 or 19.... plus the P300 isnt' going to have the "umph" and sound that the V6 or V8 does....you probably can purchase some software to increase the sounds, but that generally will make a warranty invalid so watch out.

·
Registered
2021 F Type P300 RWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ernie,

Thanks for the reply and yes, I was made aware of the new EU automobile sound regulation that's supposed to start or has already started. With that said, I'm quite positive the current model P300s are able to make some albeit feint & short lived crackles and pops. I'm positive of this because I was able to do it with a 2021 P300 convertible in the summer, but it was at high speed/high revs. It seems like there's a magic formula or point in which the computer will generate the sounds, but it does seem to involve a learning curve and delicacy to figure out unlike the V6 or 8 in which one just has to mash the gas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Ernie,

Thanks for the reply and yes, I was made aware of the new EU automobile sound regulation that's supposed to start or has already started. With that said, I'm quite positive the current model P300s are able to make some albeit feint & short lived crackles and pops. I'm positive of this because I was able to do it with a 2021 P300 convertible in the summer, but it was at high speed/high revs. It seems like there's a magic formula or point in which the computer will generate the sounds, but it does seem to involve a learning curve and delicacy to figure out unlike the V6 or 8 in which one just has to mash the gas.
you are correct with the ease of V6 and V8 for the Exhaust notes..... I have the V6 S, 2017, and accelerating or decelerating in dynamic mode is WOW amazing. turns heads for sure :). neighbors might not be too keen on it though...haha. It's so nice to drive a car that EVERY time i get in it...it makes me SMILE !!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driving in dynamic mode using the shifters, I found if your revving high RPM in a low gear like 1st or 2nd and you back off the throttle to engine brake it will do it. It's more muted than the six or eight but it does make some cool sounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts