Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a leather headlining as part of the extended leather pack or as a single option confirm what it is please...:huh:

I expected a leather headlining to be a leather headlining, i.e. the whole headlining is leather...but its been suggested that it is not that but perhaps a leather trim to the headlining?

The accessory guide says - optional - Jet Leather headlining as part of the Extended Leather Pack which is described as – Leather A-Pillars, Header and Sports Sunvisors with mirrors in a choice of 4 colours – Jet, Stone, Red or Ivory. Jet or Stone Recona headlining to interior folding surfaces adds to the sporting luxury feel.

Anyone got one and therefore know for sure?

thanks

Paul

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: jag Australia's official position is that unlike the comprehensive leather headliner in a range rover a leather headlining in an f-type is a small piece of leather, at the front of the roof... Funny I thought I bought "headlining to the interior FOLDING surfaces adding to the sporty feel" blah blah blah.

Any comments from any with leather headlining, ?

Mike??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paulfcdx said:
Update: jag Australia's official position is that unlike the comprehensive leather headliner in a range rover a leather headlining in an f-type is a small piece of leather, at the front of the roof... Funny I thought I bought "headlining to the interior FOLDING surfaces adding to the sporty feel" blah blah blah.

Any comments from any with leather headlining, ?

Mike??
I also ordered the extended leather package ( additional 850 Euros) and I got some leather on the A-pillar , the top screen frame and both sunvisors covered with leather on the outer side . This is exactly what
was promised to get with the package here in Germany . Unfortunately the co-drivers sun visor was signed with a non removeable yellow Airbag warning on both sides , so I had to buy a drivers sun visor of a rhd car to get rid of the yellow stickers . But now it looks pretty good .

Regards Ulrich

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, sounds like the marketing guys got carried away in brochure speak, again... pity, I rather liked the idea of a leather roof lining..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Visual fix for yellow airbag decals is a custom cut / corners radiused piece of satin black vinyl from a 3M or graphics provider applied over the decal. Put one on and a month later you won't even notice it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I ordered my coupe, I ordered the premium leather package thinking I was getting the extended leather package, so I was a little disappointed when I got a fabric headliner instead of leather. My mistake. So I asked the dealer if it was possible to get it done aftermarket. He quoted me around 10k!

·
Banned
16 Posts
This is the leather trim of the ceiling. Sometimes it is decorated with spotlights in the form of tiny stars. This is very beautiful.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Robert McGee
Jaguar F-Type Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Jaguar F-TYPE sports car owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing