Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally, I'm a stingy li'l bastard. It would take me at least 10 years to upgrade my cellphone. Seriously, I still use a very nice little HTC with the cutest stylus.

But, after researching the Aston Martin V8 Vantage to death for a few weeks, I ran into the F-Type reviews/vids an hour ago and now I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to test drive and put a deposit on a V8 S.

Any tips and ordering ideas are well appreciated. I especially like the order the "Blade" rims tip.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Twiga said:
Normally, I'm a stingy li'l bastard. It would take me at least 10 years to upgrade my cellphone. Seriously, I still use a very nice little HTC with the cutest stylus.

But, after researching the Aston Martin V8 Vantage to death for a few weeks, I ran into the F-Type reviews/vids an hour ago and now I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to test drive and put a deposit on a V8 S.

Any tips and ordering ideas are well appreciated. I especially like the order the "Blade" rims tip.
Where are you located, US or UK? I too was just about to buy something else (911 S) and then looked into the F-Type upon recommendation from a friend. After reading and viewing everything, I went in that direction. My V8 S has all the normal options for performance and interior plus silver turbine wheels etc. I thought go big or go home!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know if there is more than one dealer near you, but I would compare the deposit requirements and the estimated length of time before you actually receive your car.

I checked two dealers and one required a $5,000 non-refundable deposit. The other dealer agreed to order the car on just a hand shake. I assume that dealers get a certain allocation of cars that they can order and my dealer said that all of their orders go in at one time which can be once a month or longer. I was told that the wait would be about 6 months, but that could vary depending on their ordering cycle.

I ended up buying a car off the lot that was very close to having exactly what I would have ordered.

Let us know what you ordered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts