Jaguar F-Type Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to change out the Pirelli P-Zeros on my F-Type R-Dynamic V6 for all-season tires.
I have asked triumph for recommendations but have not heard back.
The only tires I have found that fit the vehicle are:
Toyo Proxys Sport UHP
Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS
Does anybody have experience with these or other AS tires?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Bridgestones Potenza RE980AS and I love them in rain and dry. Haven't had snow yet but I probably won't drive in the snow since my other vehicle is a Jeep. They are only rated to 170 mph but I'm not going to go over that anyway. Plus they are a semi run flat tire that can go up to 50 miles on a flat. They won't repair them if they get a nail which happened to me less than 2 months after getting them but I had the road hazard warranty so it saved me $600 so I'm glad I did. I got the car with bald P-Zeros so I can't attest to the difference but I mashed the gas at 90 mph with the Pirellis and broke the tires loose scaring the crap out of me and the doing the same with Bridgestones not a bit of slip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, FastCat. I spoke with the Jag dealer parts guy. He recommended Potenzas over Toyos. Like you, I do not intend to drive faster than the rating!! Also, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee that will see the crappy weather, though it will be nice to drive the Jag when it is cold and clear. The OEM P-Zeros are only rate for temps above 45 F. Good idea with the road hazard as well, thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had P-Zero summer on 392 Challenger with a stick. Cool rain in WA they were fin but you are on hard cold rubber and you need to drive that way. Got in 2 Blizzards coming N from Phoenix in late spring. It did amazingly well on them to be honest. If you do not plan on driving in the snow summer tires are fine and not worth swapping out in my opinion. I dont see the Jag with skis mounted on the roof and running studded Blizzacks. Photo in the snow would be bad ass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts