Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to change out the Pirelli P-Zeros on my F-Type R-Dynamic V6 for all-season tires.
I have asked triumph for recommendations but have not heard back.
The only tires I have found that fit the vehicle are:
Toyo Proxys Sport UHP
Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS
Does anybody have experience with these or other AS tires?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Bridgestones Potenza RE980AS and I love them in rain and dry. Haven't had snow yet but I probably won't drive in the snow since my other vehicle is a Jeep. They are only rated to 170 mph but I'm not going to go over that anyway. Plus they are a semi run flat tire that can go up to 50 miles on a flat. They won't repair them if they get a nail which happened to me less than 2 months after getting them but I had the road hazard warranty so it saved me $600 so I'm glad I did. I got the car with bald P-Zeros so I can't attest to the difference but I mashed the gas at 90 mph with the Pirellis and broke the tires loose scaring the crap out of me and the doing the same with Bridgestones not a bit of slip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, FastCat. I spoke with the Jag dealer parts guy. He recommended Potenzas over Toyos. Like you, I do not intend to drive faster than the rating!! Also, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee that will see the crappy weather, though it will be nice to drive the Jag when it is cold and clear. The OEM P-Zeros are only rate for temps above 45 F. Good idea with the road hazard as well, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts