Jaguar F-Type Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing a 2015-2017 FTYPE with 30-50k miles. I've owned multiple Porsche's and am concerned with a Jag purchase. Would love to hear feedback from individuals that have purchased USED F-Types and the good, bad, and ugly associated with their purchase. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey
I bought a used 2017 type F S RWD w/ 23k miles. So far, it's a joy every-time I get in. There's still a warranty and Jaguar bends over backwards to help you out; all the service free during warranty. I had a 2006 Porsche Cayenne TurboS for years now, it was a BEAST, burned a quart of oil for 60 mile drive however :). this car no problems, I dont feel like it's going to break every time I get in it.... like others i've owned.....everyone who loves cars should own an F type !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey
I bought a used 2017 type F S RWD w/ 23k miles. So far, it's a joy every-time I get in. There's still a warranty and Jaguar bends over backwards to help you out; all the service free during warranty. I had a 2006 Porsche Cayenne TurboS for years now, it was a BEAST, burned a quart of oil for 60 mile drive however :). this car no problems, I dont feel like it's going to break every time I get in it.... like others i've owned.....everyone who loves cars should own an F type !
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at purchasing a 2015-2017 FTYPE with 30-50k miles. I've owned multiple Porsche's and am concerned with a Jag purchase. Would love to hear feedback from individuals that have purchased USED F-Types and the good, bad, and ugly associated with their purchase. Thanks in advance!!
I agree with the other posts. I purchased a 2017 F Type S coupe back in early August this year certified from the dealership with 14k miles. Dealer provided 6 year 100k mile warranty plus service which is only required every 15k miles. They put 2 new tires on it as well. The car is a ton of fun to drive and gets plenty of looks. My only complaint is the limited technology, but overall, it is exactly what I expected and I have had zero regrets thus far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with the other post. I purchased a 2016 Ftype R with 26,000 miles back in June 2019 and it’s been my favorite car. Scheduled maintenance was included and full warranty too. Loud and fast. The car is nice too....lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hey there, one of my first posts here. I am typically a voyeur but will add value where I can on questions like this. I bought a 2016 F-Type R this year for my wife's 40th. It had 32,000 miles on it. I did alot of research before hand (1.5 years watching it actually). The dealer who sells higher end used cars didn't realize that it still had the Jag warranty (Shame on them). However, once I picked it up JLR was the first place I took it. I had them replace the airfilters (large job) do all warranty and maintenance work, etc... I will tell you that the range you are looking in for an AWD "R" should be between 45-55K TOPS... I can tell you that it is an amazing car to drive and can easily be a daily driver. My "stable" is an AMG and as well a 2016 LR4 HSE LUX. My experience with both Jaguar/Land Rover vehicles has been nothing but spectacular. However, there are some folks who get the occasional "lemon". I will say that due to my research and maybe negotiation skills (i love the game)... I got mine for $36K when THE VID first hit....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would stay 2016 and newer. There were production issues until the company was purchased and reworked in 2015. Also, the valve cover may leak and damage the alternator, be sure to check that out.
2016 v6 convertible owner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I, too, have had Porsche's. It is a different feel, sound and experience. Purchased an F-type sport model convertible. It is a BLAST to drive. It is a "looker". It has been reliable. The only suggestion I would have is to buy the most recent model you can and get a CPO. The warranty on a CPO if amazing. We will be getting an SVR CPO next year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a 2015 S V8 about a month ago. These cars come in a lot of flavors so test drives and research help. They have some minor known issues to look for you can learn about on you-tube. I did find that the pristine ones sell fast so be ready once you know what you want. You'll get a lot for the money w/ the mileage you're looking for. I got hooked on the acceleration and sound and decided to find a low mile keeper. I bought it from a dealer and added an extended warranty. So far I love it and intend to hang on to it for a very long time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They have the best reliability in their class. I bought a 2015 F-Type R with 30,000 miles on it a couple months ago. Leather cleaner will soften the plastic trim pieces on the interior and they will remain gummy so careful with that. Baking soda or corn starch will help with the gumminess but the finish will still be damaged. Also the center heating vents seems to work when they want to but at least mine has only failed in the up position so far. I had to travel out of state to get one that had all the options I wanted with a clean Carfax. I live the car so far and will never go back to muscle cars!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Epic Car. Just Bought one. Two weeks in. 2015 Ftype R. 37000 miles. Can’t WAIT to modify. If STOCK is this Epic.. pure Joy to drive. All this from a guy who Hated Jags. Now I love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts