Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All,

Hope everyone is well?

I just wanted to see if anyone had any issues/questions/general enquires they wanted my help with. I am off from the 19th until the 25th so wanted to make sure I had everything answered in time before I went away.

As always any questions just let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
When do you think that we will be able to order a 2015? Is it going to be that we can order 3 months BEFORE the regular deliveries hit the showrooms, or at the same time that the other deliveries are made? Or some other time?

I ask because since the '14s obviously came out around June/July (?), with a 3 month lead time for a build, that would put us in March 2014 if it's the former for the '15s.

Thx.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mike I do have a question that you might be able to get answer to for me. Most of my cars, over the years, have been sticks, therefore I am in the habit of holding the shifter while I drive. On a few occasions I must have pressed the "Park" button while at a light, because when I stepped on the gas the car didn't move, because it was in Park.

Since the last time that happen, I have been worried that I might accidently shift into Park while moving, which would not be a good thing.

I assume that when the car was designed the Trans computer would have been programed not to allow Park to be selected while moving, but the owners manual warnings against placing the car in Park while moving.

Do you know if the car can be shifted into Park while moving?

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I can see in the handbook that it says selecting "P" whilst moving can result in serious transmission damage, so I presume this means it can be selected. However let me email my technical team just to make sure.

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
NaplesTopLess said:
Mike I do have a question that you might be able to get answer to for me. Most of my cars, over the years, have been sticks, therefore I am in the habit of holding the shifter while I drive. On a few occasions I must have pressed the "Park" button while at a light, because when I stepped on the gas the car didn't move, because it was in Park.

Since the last time that happen, I have been worried that I might accidently shift into Park while moving, which would not be a good thing.

I assume that when the car was designed the Trans computer would have been programed not to allow Park to be selected while moving, but the owners manual warnings against placing the car in Park while moving.

Do you know if the car can be shifted into Park while moving?

Thanks.
Thanks for asking that question - I'm the same way - I often drive with my hand on the shifter and worry about accidentally pressing the P button. I didn't want to experiment though - but was afraid to ask as well

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,

Just an update from my technical team reference press "P" whilst moving.

Firstly I would like to make clear that we do not recommend you press "P" whilst moving as this may cause damage to your vehicle (I know you wont but just wanted to say anyway). Having said that my technical team have said that your vehicle should not park if your press "P" whilst driving, however it may causing warning lights on the dashboard as would be expected.

Many Thanks

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts