Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hope everyone is well?

It's been a bit quiet recently so thought id ask if anyone had any questions/enquires they would like me to try an answer?

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mike, our standard F-type (no S), has the metal fitting on the wheels for air. Does this mean that this unit, #5316, has TPMS, Tire Pressure Measuring System? Thank you for your time in this matter. Pascha

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pascha,

Thank you for the message.

Please could you PM me your VIN so I can find out for you.

Many Thanks

Mike

pascha said:
Mike, our standard F-type (no S), has the metal fitting on the wheels for air. Does this mean that this unit, #5316, has TPMS, Tire Pressure Measuring System? Thank you for your time in this matter. Pascha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mike, can you make the suggestion that Jaguar offer an upgrade for us existing F-Type owners to get us up to or near the increased HP in the F-Type R coupe?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pascha said:
Mike, the VIN is SAJWA6E76E8K05316. MFG July and received August 2013. Pascha

Hi Pasca,

Just to confirm, your vehicle does have TPMS fitted.

Wheels fitted with TPMS can be visually identified by the external metal lock nut and valve. All Jaguar non-TPMS wheels have a rubber valve fitted.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mike, like Pascha, I too would like to know what is required to bump HP to 510 or 550 please. Mark
[hr]
Sorry it was 'myidsucks' not Pascha that queried additional HP. Apologize for error.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How about this ... What is the technical difference between the 495, 510 and 550 HP 5.0 liter motors?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Mike. Is the 550 HP engine fitted with the same identical supercharger? Thought I had read somewhere that it was larger.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Much appreciated. Seems like mapping and electronics are the enhancement considerations for added HP. Odd the have a 495 and 510 HP versions - makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Hope everyone is well?

It's been a bit quiet recently so thought id ask if anyone had any questions/enquires they would like me to try an answer?

Many Thanks

Mike
Hi Mike,
How long can the F-type V8 sit before the battery is dead? I think I read that it actually has 2 batteries. I live in a hi rise condo without power for a trickle charger and have had other British cars dead in 2-3 weeks. Is the Jag better than this?
Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Martinm1,

I have asked our technical team and unfortunately we do not put a time period on when the battery will die. You are correct it does have 2 separate batteries and with the vehicle being so new we would hope that it would last for a good amount of time. I would suggest that if you are planing on leaving it for a prolonged period of time you have the battery checked prior to doing so.

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would like to add a note about the F-type batteries which we have covered many times on this site. The very small battery, 5.5 pound Lithium-Ion battery in conjunction with the Tamdem Solenoid Starter, soul purpose is for starting your Jag. When your car is parked, no current is being pulled from this battery at all. These modern batteries can sit around for a considerable amount of time without any degradation. Now on the other hand, the larger battery on the left side of your vehicle is another story. There is always a current drain going on when your vehicle is parked. Lots of electronics still running even with your Jag locked (which also uses current). I would give this battery about a month before it starts dropping in voltage but we do have some good news.... your vehicle will start without it! Once running, it will charge up to full strength within a reasonable amount of time.....I would not worry about your batteries. Other makes (Mercedes & Bentley) have been using this double battery system for over 12 years so the customer will always be able to start the vehicle. The only real change is the Lithium-Ion/Lithium Hydride/Nickel Metal Hydride and the newest/Absorbent Glass Mat(AGM) are being installed. Hope this info puts your mind at ease......Pascha

·
Registered
5 Posts
So what's the recommended way to hook up a battery tender on this car if it is going to be parked for an extended period of time? The jumper terminals under the hood, on the AGM battery in the trunk or some other way? Will it keep both batteries charge or only the AGM battery

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
151 Posts
I hooked my Battery Tender Jr. up using the Jaguar directions for their charger:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/6gasarph66d67a5/JAF_0048_1E_-_Battery_Charging_Kit.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doors

Hi mike

I would like instructions on removing the part of the door panel that contains the puddle lights, so that I can replace them

Regards

Tony

1 - 20 of 59 Posts