Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Suspension clunk

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well?

It's been a bit quiet recently so thought id ask if anyone had any questions/enquires they would like me to try an answer?

Many Thanks

Mike
Mike what's the deal with the clunk issue, I had my car 3 times at the dealer, the new sleeves we're install and I still have the clunk, do you know if Jaguar it's doing something else to take care this issue.
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Mike,

The question about the fuel filler flap is unanswered. On my New F-Type S the flap has provision on its inside to receive a bayonet type bolt and the plastic molding around the actual filler cap has a hole in it, aligned with the bit on the flap, through which one might a bayonet bolt coming out to lock all.
So the question remains whether the flap should be lockable or not?

Have a happy New Year and a successful 2014.

Eugene

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hello,

I am now back from the Christmas and NYE break, I hope everyone had a nice festive period.

Amh77a - I will find out and get back to you ASAP

Jmrscuderia - This isn't something I am aware of personally. Please could you PM me the following details:
Full Name
VIN
Email
Dealership involved

eugene - I will find out and get back to you ASAP

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Mike,
Quick question: should I have received anything in the mail from Jaguar about the roadside assistance program? (I'm in the U.S.). All I know is that there's a phone # in the manual to call, and presumably, I'd give them the VIN if I need them? I would have thought that they'd mail me more info about it.

[Did anyone else receive anything in the mail? I never got any welcome package, but I did get one recall notice for the lockable cubby that unlocks, so they have my address.]

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mike, I have a question for you. I have a Base F-Type with the optional Switchable Active Exhaust. I was wondering if my exhaust would be the same as the on the V6 S or even with the Switch Active Exhaust my is different.

Also I assume the Engine and Trans are the same as the V6 S but with a different computer program. Am I correct?

Thanks for all your help on this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mike this is directly from the order guide. You will note lockable fuel door. FYI

Auxiliary power socket x3 (center console, trunk, center dash) ● ● ● Cup-holders - dual, center console, concealed under cover ● ● ● Trunk release - remote mechanical ● ● ● Fuel door - push to open, lockable ● ● ● HomeLink Garage door/entry gate opener - three channel P P P

Climate control Active Center Air Vent ● ● ● Single-zone climate control ● ● -Dual-zone climate control P P ● Dual-function rotary climate control dials P P P Air particle / pollen filtration P P ● Air quality sensor P P ● Cruise control Controls on steering wheel ● ● ● Active Speed Limiter (ASL) with speed limit range of 18 mph (30 km/h) to 150 mph (240 km/h) ● ● ●

Park Control Front parking sensors with graphic display on Touch-screen P P P Rear parking sensors with graphic display on Touch-screen P P ● Reverse Park Camera with display on Touch-screen P P P Reverse Traffic Detection P P P

CONVENIENCE

AUDIO & COMMUNICATIONS

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi All,

Firstly let me start by apologising to everyone for the fact I have not responded to enquires on this thread. For whatever reason I have not been getting any notifications that anyone has posted on here. For the time being can I request that people PM me if they have a question as it seems I am being notified via email about the PM's but not about thread updates.

Dwhite - thank you I have passed this on and this was what I thought would be the case that it is lockable

DJS - In the UK my understanding is that the only information you get is the details within the handbook. In the UK all you do is call the number and give them your VIN/Registration plate (licence plate in the US I think?) and they will already hold all your details

NaplesTopLess - I will find out and get back to you

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hello NaplesTopLess,

The V6 engine with the switch-able active exhausts will be the same parts as the V6s and yes the engine and the transmission are the same but the control modules have different software maps.

Hope this helps

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mike while this is what the guide says many owners including myself know that the fuel door does not lock. We all think it should. Not sure why Jaguar chose not to implement in US

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hello DWhite,

As I have mentioned if people are having this issue I request that you send me over your personal details so I can pass the information on and have it looked into.

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Mike ,

I found out that the V8 SC engine doesn't have hydraulic
valve clearance compensation both on the intake as well as
the exhausts camshafts. That's why I like to ask the following
questions :

Why jaguar doesn't use state of the art bucket tappets including
hydraulic compensation especially on a engine like the V8 with
a moderate rpm-range ?

Why there is no maintenance interval or recommendation to check
valve clearance on the engine in the cars maintenance book ?

Because the new AJ133 engine as far as I know doesn't have shims
any more to adjust the valve clearance you have to remove the
camshafts to adjust the valve gap by changing the complete bucket
tappets. Looking under my f-types bonnet I think this could never
be done without removing the engine.

What's the official jaguar procedure to check and adjust valve gap
on the car ? How many time it will take to do this ? How often
it should be done ?

All these questions seem to be neglibile on a new engine but unfortunatly
ignoring this issue for longer terms will end up in severe problems.
Increasing valve gaps will "only" cause some clicking noise but if the
valve stems become longer or the valve seats wear out valve clearance
gets smaller. I think you will not notice this until the valve seats
are burned and the engine losses compression. Then it's time to look
for new cylinder heads !

I'm curious about Jaguars answers.

Thanks Ulrich

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hello Ulrich,

Thank you for your question.

Please can you PM your following details so I can pass this on to the relevant person to respond:
Full Name
Email
VIN

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Mike, you may have seen my questions to Chip regarding storage (my last post was today Jan 14th). I wonder if you can enlighten me as to whether in the US Non-Ethanol gas with an octane rating of 90 min. would be as good to put in the car during 8 to 9 months storage (travelling in Europe and Aus.) as 93 with "up to 10% Ethanol" normally put in by the Jaguar dealers here in Naples Florida?Regards

Eugene

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi Eugene,

I do not know the answer to this but I can get someone who does to contact you.

Please could you supply me with the following details:
Full Name
Email
VIN
Address

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mike
I can't program hoteling (garage door opener) I have repeatedly followed manual and so has installer of automatic unit. Im in US using lift master garage unit. Please help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Help on how to listem to the sound system without Ignition being On

Mike,

I have a question for you. I know that many of us would like to sit in our cars and listen to the radio with the car off. I know I can turn the radio on, with the ignition off for a short time by pressing the radio off/on button. But once the radio times out, the only way to turn it back on is to turn the ignition on and then off then press the radio off/on button for another ten minutes or so.

My question, is there a way to keep the radio on for a longer time, say an hour or so? If there isn't, I think is would be a good idea to add a way to do this to future cars.

Before my F-Type, I loved to listen to the my car's audio system while cleaning and polishing the car on nice Florida days. I am still cleaning and polishing my F-Type but missing the great tunes!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hello,

Have you contacted your dealership for assistance?

If you PM me the following details I will pass this onto the US Customer Services and have someone contact you regarding this:
Full Name
Email
Phone
VIn

Many Thanks

Mike

Mike
I can't program hoteling (garage door opener) I have repeatedly followed manual and so has installer of automatic unit. Im in US using lift master garage unit. Please help.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts