Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hello,

Unfortunately this isn't something we can change.

We set a time limit on this to stop the battery from running flat. As with new vehicles there is so much electrical equipment in them that there is a massive drain on the battery. We put this electrical cut off to help stop the battery from dying.

Many Thanks

Mike

Mike,

I have a question for you. I know that many of us would like to sit in our cars and listen to the radio with the car off. I know I can turn the radio on, with the ignition off for a short time by pressing the radio off/on button. But once the radio times out, the only way to turn it back on is to turn the ignition on and then off then press the radio off/on button for another ten minutes or so.

My question, is there a way to keep the radio on for a longer time, say an hour or so? If there isn't, I think is would be a good idea to add a way to do this to future cars.

Before my F-Type, I loved to listen to the my car's audio system while cleaning and polishing the car on nice Florida days. I am still cleaning and polishing my F-Type but missing the great tunes!

·
Registered
42 Posts
AC question for Mike

I live in South Florida and our definition of cold is different than most peoples but sometimes when is a bit cool outside it feels like the AC is on when both Auto and A/C switches are off. I have to set the temperature very high to get the very cold air to stop.

Today when it wasn't cold outside but it was raining, it felt like the A/C was on when the outside air was about 65F with the car set at 61F and both Auto and A/C off.

My question is can the car's computers turn the A/C on when both the Auto and A/C switches are off and if it can, how do I stop it if I don't want A/C.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hello,

In answer to your question, no the car's computers will not turn the A/C on if you have turned the A/C off and the auto off.

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Car Does!

Hello,

In answer to your question, no the car's computers will not turn the A/C on if you have turned the A/C off and the auto off.

Many Thanks

Mike
Mike,

It just happened again, it is about 69 F (about 21 Celsius) degrees outside with light rain, my car is set to 62 degrees F with both Auto and A/C off. Since there was light rain, the windows were up and just the fan was on to bring outside air in, then all of sudden the A/C must of turned on, because the air out the vents was VERY cold. I had to raise the setting to 70 degrees to get the A/C off. Then I put it back to 62 and everything was fine for a few minutes, then the A/C turned back on. Both times the Auto and A/C lights didn't turn on.

Very time this has happen, I didn't want or need A/C. Could there be some setting I need to change?

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hello,

It may be that a setting is wrong or it may be the computer has been programmed incorrectly.

I would advise next time you are near a Jaguar garage to take your vehicle in for them to have a look at the situation.

Many thanks

Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks, Mike

I am currently waiting for some parts from England to get here for the new fix for the sounds from the suspension. When I take the car in for that fix, I will have them take a look at the A/C.

·
Registered
14 Posts
run in

Hey Mike,

I have a new V8 S (the first in Manitoba, Canada). During the run in period, the manual states to operate the engine at different speeds. It also states to not to operate the engine continuously at high speed. What is the definition of high engine speed? (is it > 4500 rpm or less?) And how does one operate the engine at different speeds; is it by running the engine at higher RPM by using lower gears?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hello,

Please see info below:
Up to 2,000km - do not exceed an engine speed of 4500 rpm and a road 170 km/h
2,000km to 3,000km - Engine speeds in excess of 5000rpm should only be used briefly

Regarding the question on different speeds I would suggest normal driving would suffice e.g stop/start driving along with some steady driving.

Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Mike,
I'm considering replacing the speakers in my car, as I have some high-end speakers I took out of my previous car. I haven't been able to locate speaker sizes anywhere - no one seems to have them yet. Is that something you can get? I have the base Meridian system, and I'm not impressed with the speakers (especially the subwoofers.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Mike,
It's the standard Meridian system in the US V6S convertible (i.e. 380W, 10 speakers).

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Stealth Mode

Hi Mike,

Could you please describe "stealth mode"; what is it and what it does?

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hi Mike,
It's the standard Meridian system in the US V6S convertible (i.e. 380W, 10 speakers).

Thanks.
Hello,

I have spoken with our technical team and unfortunatly I am able to get this information for you as it its required to take the vehicle away from manufacturers specification. I can advise that your vehicle comprises of:
2 Tweeters – One tweeter located in each door.
2 Mid-Range Speakers – One mid-range speaker located in each door.
2 Bass Speakers – One bass speaker is located in each door.
2 Rear Speakers – Both rear speakers located behind the passenger compartment rear trim.
2 Sub-Woofer – Both sub-woofers located behind the passenger compartment rear trim.

Many Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Question on Fuel Octane

Mike,

The US spec F-Type calls for AKI octane rating of 91 or higher, which is fine since in the US our Premium Gas is normally 93 octane. I understand that if I use lower than 91 octane, there will a loss of performance and mileage and is not recommended.

My question is there a performance or mileage gain for using fuel that has an octane rating higher than 91. I ask because where I purchase fuel, they offer both 91 and 93 octane with the 91 octane at a slight lower price. I have tried the 91 octane and I haven't noticed any change in performance, but mileage is harder to tell since my mileage changes all the time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Centre Badge

Hi Mike,

The center badge on the front grill is black and chrome; I've seen it in red/chrome on other Jaguar models. Is it available for the F type? If yes, what's the part number so I can order it...

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hi All,

I am sorry that it looks like I'm not responding to questions, however I am not receiving emails telling me that there are updates.

If I may, please can people email me instead?

[email protected]

I will try to keep an eye on the thread however as I am sure you can image it's very difficult to keep up to date with.

Many Thanks

Mike

41 - 60 of 66 Posts