Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm supposed to pose this Q. elsewhere, let me know. Infamous center vent won't open. Dealer gave me "updated" replacement part number. I saw you-tube video on replacing the infotainment system next door to the vent. Dealer told me they charge about an hour time if they replace the vent. Has anybody done their own, and if so, what steps were taken? Incidentally, I contacted Jag USA about this issue and although I've had my "14" F-Type for 3 years with only 13,000 miles I posed the question as to why they didn't recall all of these vents. They were to get back to me in 48 hours. That was two weeks ago. Finally, does the vent have to be reprogrammed after installation? If so, can somebody recommend a quality scanner with all the programs for this fix and others?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I'm supposed to pose this Q. elsewhere, let me know. Infamous center vent won't open. Dealer gave me "updated" replacement part number. I saw you-tube video on replacing the infotainment system next door to the vent. Dealer told me they charge about an hour time if they replace the vent. Has anybody done their own, and if so, what steps were taken? Incidentally, I contacted Jag USA about this issue and although I've had my "14" F-Type for 3 years with only 13,000 miles I posed the question as to why they didn't recall all of these vents. They were to get back to me in 48 hours. That was two weeks ago. Finally, does the vent have to be reprogrammed after installation? If so, can somebody recommend a quality scanner with all the programs for this fix and others?
I had similar problem with my Dec. '13 F-Type. Monterey Jag replace it for about $1500. It started happening again, and had a 'good' Service rep. come out to check it out. Turns out the center vent will not open if you start with the heater on, but will operate fine if it is switched to 'cool' (or AC mode). Believe it or not, the reason behind this is safety. The 'engineers' didn't want warm air to start blowing on the driver right away in case he "FELL ASLEEP"!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had similar problem with my Dec. '13 F-Type. Monterey Jag replace it for about $1500. It started happening again, and had a 'good' Service rep. come out to check it out. Turns out the center vent will not open if you start with the heater on, but will operate fine if it is switched to 'cool' (or AC mode). Believe it or not, the reason behind this is safety. The 'engineers' didn't want warm air to start blowing on the driver right away in case he "FELL ASLEEP"!!
Thank you. I will check that. My quote for parts and labor was $580. But, I don't live on the west coast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts