Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a rather odd thing happen today with my F-Type S. After driving to work and then a short trip home I parked the car for about 1 hour. After that when I started it up I noticed that all 3 climate control knobs were black. There was NO LED lighting in any of them. I powered off the car and back on but still all blacked out. After parking the car again for another few hours, returning to the car everything returned to normal. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think if you turn off the climate control (push the middle knob), the outer ones go dark, but the middle one displays something. I turn it off when the top is down.

Haven't seen all 3 dark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my F-Type for only 8days and this same thing just happened this morning.

I parked the car last night, cleaned my rims (still in the honeymoon stage) and when I got in the car this morning, all 3 of the climate control knobs weren't illuminated and showed no digital display....???

The rest of the eletronitcs components seemed in working order and the A/C itself was still operating. I simply had no display to know what adjustments were being made....

Any thoughts?? New cars always have kinks to work out, but 8days?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Annnnd poof, I leave work last night and the knob displays are fully functioning....same with this morning....so I'll just keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.

YoungLane said:
I've had my F-Type for only 8days and this same thing just happened this morning.

I parked the car last night, cleaned my rims (still in the honeymoon stage) and when I got in the car this morning, all 3 of the climate control knobs weren't illuminated and showed no digital display....???

The rest of the eletronitcs components seemed in working order and the A/C itself was still operating. I simply had no display to know what adjustments were being made....

Any thoughts?? New cars always have kinks to work out, but 8days?

Thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts