Jaguar F-Type Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there with an active Bluetooth hands free link between their 2014 F-Type and their smart phone? I posted this on the Jag Forum as well. I had a hands free Bluetooth phone connection between my car and a Motorola MOTO X 2nd. gen. It was on Jag's compatibility list. Phone is broke. I need a new phone that will link to the car's bluetooth. Herein comes the problem. Jag's online compatibility list is old and limited. They did list a 2019 Samsung Galaxy S10 but a continental version which is hard to come by. Plus, I'm not sure my carrier services that model. If anybody out there has an active connection, could you please share the make and model of your phone as well as the name of your carrier? I don't care about other features like streaming music, etc. I just want it for hands free phone Bluetooth compatibility. I was told the phone has to have compatible software with what Jaguar used in 2014. I don't think/know if later models used the same software. The 2014 Bluetooth in the car can't be updated as I understand, or read somewhere. Others told me the phone's software can be made compatible with the Bluetooth version in the car. Yet, others told me Bluetooth is backward compatible meaning newer phones can be used with older car systems. This is like trying to replace every part on the car until you find the problem. Finally, not all carriers serve all models of phones which creates yet another problem. Your help would be sincerely appreciated. It could get mighty expensive buying phones until I find one my carrier uses and my car's Bluetooth accepts.

· Premium Member
8 Posts
I am using an iPhone Xs (model 10 S) with my 2014 F Type and it works great. Phone calls come in and I call out hands free. I can play my music library stored on my iPhone as well. My wife has a newer iPhone 12 and it works just fine too.
Good luck.
DeanL

· Super Moderator
29 Posts
I am using an iPhone 13 and prior to that an iPhone Xr both work well with my 2014 F-Type V8 S. I have yet to figure out how to play my music library from the iPhone 13 via Bluetooth but pretty sure it will happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts