Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

Convertible side "winglet's" won't close

303 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  FTYPE GAL
I have a 2014 F Type S. Only about 37k miles - I bought it in 2021 used. I LOVE this car, especially with the top down. The "winglets" on the convertible won't close once the top is down. The convertible top opens and closes but the "winglets" don't move. Anybody know anything about this? ANY info appreciated!

Thank you!!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I have a 2014 F Type S. Only about 37k miles - I bought it in 2021 used. I LOVE this car, especially with the top down. The "winglets" on the convertible won't close once the top is down. The convertible top opens and closes but the "winglets" don't move. Anybody know anything about this? ANY info appreciated!

Thank you!!
I had the same problem with my 2014 after it sat for a while. It's been over a year now, so don't recall exactly what fixed the problem, but I remember exercising the top a few times and keeping my finger on the button until the wings finally dropped down into place. I may have sprayed the linkage with some WD40, too. Also, I remember charging the main battery fully. No more problems since then.
I had the same problem with my 2014 after it sat for a while. It's been over a year now, so don't recall exactly what fixed the problem, but I remember exercising the top a few times and keeping my finger on the button until the wings finally dropped down into place. I may have sprayed the linkage with some WD40, too. Also, I remember charging the main battery fully. No more problems since then.
Thanks for your info! I will try the WD40.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts