Jaguar F-Type Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 F-Type V8 S engine light just came on and the manual gives very little information other than the engine could (it has not as of yet) go into Limp Mode. Does this require immediate attention?

·
Registered
2014 Salsa Red Type S
25 Posts
If the check engine light is solid, most likely emissions related. If it is flashing, the manual says urgent. Get codes read-most auto parts places can do that. If it is an O2 sensor, Jaguar has an extended warranty program.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the check engine light is solid, most likely emissions related. If it is flashing, the manual says urgent. Get codes read-most auto parts places can do that. If it is an O2 sensor, Jaguar has an extended warranty program.
Yes, I'd get it checked out. Either at the dealer (expensive) or at a QUALIFIED independent repair shop. Remember, Jags are finicky and the shop really has to know the cars. I wouldn't take my '16 to just any shop - and many shops here won't work on Jaguars.

·
Super Moderator
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I have a mechanic here that rebuilds older Range Rovers and Jags for resale and works on newer Jags , if he likes you, told me to “cycle the starts 4 or 5 times and if the engine light is still on bring it to me”. The light never came back on after cycle 4. Nice to have someone that knows what they are doing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2014 F-Type V8 S engine light just came on and the manual gives very little information other than the engine could (it has not as of yet) go into Limp Mode. Does this require immediate attention?
My check engine light popped up several weeks ago. My Jag compatible scanner said it was the one of the six O2 sensors and which one. I ordered one from Autozone for about $80 plus the odd shaped removal socket for $20 and did it myself. The rearward four sensors are pretty accessible but the front two are a little hidden. Not a big job for your local garage if they have a Jag compatible scanner. Jag wanted north of $300 for just the part alone although they usually include a pretty thorough inspection of the whole car when they do anything on it. Start by having somebody scan the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jaguar has an extended warranty on the emission control system, including the O2 sensors. It should have been covered.
I purchased my "14" Jag base in Feb. 2017 as a "certified" pre-owned Jag from the dealer. Between me and the first owner, the car hasn't turned over 15,000 miles yet. That center vent went out a week after the extended warranty ended and I sent Jag USA a letter regarding the part. They never responded. Isn't a car manufacturer supposed to contact the present owner when there is a change in the warranty coverage or a recall? This is the first I've heard of this. Is it written somewhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts