Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum and just picked up a 2014 V8S with less than 10,000 miles. Only a few days with the car and I'm getting codes that the vapor canister is full (evaporative emission system leak detection pump sense signal not within limits)

Anybody ever have this problem? I am not as worried about having to change the canister as I am about what is causing it to fail in a low mileage car like this. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forum and just picked up a 2014 V8S with less than 10,000 miles. Only a few days with the car and I'm getting codes that the vapor canister is full (evaporative emission system leak detection pump sense signal not within limits)

Anybody ever have this problem? I am not as worried about having to change the canister as I am about what is causing it to fail in a low mileage car like this. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come :)

Thanks!
I purchased my 2014 in Dec. 2013 and have just over 33k miles on her now. I use it mostly for High Performance Track days now, and really haven't had much problems with the car besides having to replace tires and brakes (all my fault). I did have a warning that my fairly new brakes were worn, so I took the Jag back to Monterey (Calif) service dept. to check it out. Turned out to be a bad sensor, and not the brakes ($120 bill vs $1200). Perhaps your problem is the sensor? And hope you have a reliable dealership with a great service dept. to take care of future problem if they pop up. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with your vapor canister problem, but haven't heard other owners mention this problem with their F-Types.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts