Jaguar F-Type Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new F-Type owner. I noticed a clunking noise coming from the front end, mostly the left side (I think) when I go over small bumps or turn my wheel hard over to either side when I go down my driveway so as to avoid scraping the bottom on the curb. I took it to the dealer and they "visually inspected" the suspension and didn't see any obvious parts issues. They recommended "tightening all of the nuts and bolts". I was a bit surprised at the trial and error approach to fixing this issue. Does this sound like a reasonable next step or does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a new F-Type owner. I noticed a clunking noise coming from the front end, mostly the left side (I think) when I go over small bumps or turn my wheel hard over to either side when I go down my driveway so as to avoid scraping the bottom on the curb. I took it to the dealer and they "visually inspected" the suspension and didn't see any obvious parts issues. They recommended "tightening all of the nuts and bolts". I was a bit surprised at the trial and error approach to fixing this issue. Does this sound like a reasonable next step or does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this issue?
I had same issue with mine. There was something lose from the factory. They tightened and never heard anything again. Covered under warranty. Started about 6 months into owning the car. I just returned lease today otherwise I could tell you what it was cause I had paperwork in glove compartment.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had same issue with mine. There was something lose from the factory. They tightened and never heard anything again. Covered under warranty. Started about 6 months into owning the car. I just returned lease today otherwise I could tell you what it was cause I had paperwork in glove compartment.
Hey EC122,
Congrats on turning the beast in. I'm sure life isn't what it used to be without it. Give Matt-Type a break and call the Jag guys and ask them what it was. It's still in the system and can be easily pulled. Take care my friend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts