Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Chaps,

I've placed a deposit for one of the first V8 F-Types scheduled for Australian delivery - expected to arrive mid-year.

I'm looking forward very much to the arrival of this car - it's the natural progression to my current car - an SLK55AMG.

I put down the first Australian deposit on the first F-Type in 2001 - which Ford canned proving they had no place in owning this legendary brand.

So here I am again!

Looking forward to rubbing shoulders with you on this Forum and sharing thoughts on this most exciting car in the brands history in half a century!

Cheers,

Panther
Sydney Australia

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice to see more Aussies on this site this F-TYPE will certainly give a wake up call to Mercedes SLK BMW Z4 and Porsches Cayman S Wheels magazine has also reported that an all new manual gearbox is in the pipeline to take on the porsches 911 seven speed stick shift .
Also under development is a nine speed Auto , nice .

Pity we have to pay a crazy price for these cars here in OZ for example a base Porsche Cayman that retails for $52,600 in US is $155,000 here in OZ thanks to our ripp off Luxury car tax .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why thank you all for the lovely welcome!

Regarding the cost of cars on Oz - no-one from other countries could quite understand our pain - if I was in the USA and I was spending the same amount I envisage the V8S will cost me here - I'd be sitting in a brand-spanking new Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.

No offence to F-TYPE - but an F12 it is not!

Rant over!

Panther
Sydney Australia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts