Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have almost 2,000 miles on my car and I noticed that the trip computer is very optimistic as to MPG. The trip computer shows about 24.5 or so while the actual mileage is around 21.8 to 22.1.

I was just messing around with the Instrument Panel Menu when I noticed there is an option for English and English (US) under the Instrument Display > Language setting. I can't find anywhere in the owners manual what each option actual does. My current setting is English (US) but I am thinking of trying English only, and see if the MPG is closer to actual.

Does any one really know what these setting change, if anything?

·
Registered
65 Posts
The American Gallon (English US) is about 4 liters of fuel. The British Imperial Gallon (English) is about 5 liters of fuel. Enjoy you settings. Pascha

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's interesting. I haven't tried measuring it manually to see if there's a discrepancy. English (US) is certainly the right setting.

You could try getting on a freeway/expressway, setting the cruise control to 60, and make sure it's exactly 60 seconds between mile markers. This would confirm the speedometer/odometer aren't screwed up (set for the wrong wheel size?) Don't even know if that's possible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seriously really care about fuel economy? The VW GOLF TDI gets 73.5 or Toyota Prius gets 53 city. Couldn't resist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts