Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered the F-Type in February 2002 - but the car has been canceled (thank you, Ford...)

more then 10 years later, I got my second chance. I ordered the V6 in october 2012 (ultimate black / performance seats in camel). I hope that I will get the F-Type roadster in may 2013.

and who here in the forum ist part of the other 1999 ?

greetings from cologne
rolf

·
Registered
33 Posts
Happy to sit it out till 2 nd year production by then all the bugs should have been solved we hope .

Here in Australia we pay premium for these cars , up to 3 times the price for the same car in the US so i have learned a wait and see attitude is best .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Zettjag said:
I ordered the F-Type in February 2002 - but the car has been canceled (thank you, Ford...)

more then 10 years later, I got my second chance. I ordered the V6 in october 2012 (ultimate black / performance seats in camel). I hope that I will get the F-Type roadster in may 2013.

and who here in the forum ist part of the other 1999 ?

greetings from cologne
rolf
We were lucky enough to have put a deposit down at our dealership in October. The orders for the F Type opened January 28 at noon EST in the USA. Our order was placed within the dealership alotment of 7 that day. Our order shows a tentative build starting the second week of May and expected delivery to customer of June 25, 2013. According to the order print out the dates are tentative until Monday April 1.

We were also told that we may not have the first one at the dealership because Jaguar has told them they have stock units on the line so that one or two would be arrive at each dealership for customers to see/test.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I e-mailed my contact at Jag USA Corp offices today and this is the response I got:

"Mark, production did start as planned, with no delays, so your build timing of May is probably still accurate. We just got a truckload of cars delivered for dealer training, and they look amazing.

Best regards,
xxxxxx"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts