Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi & thanks for accepting me into your F-Type forums. I pressed the start button and "NOTHING"!!! I replaced the battery and still nothing. There's no indication of "error" on the dash. It's only got 6300 miles on it. What in the world could this be???
Thanks bunches,
George

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi & thanks for accepting me into your F-Type forums. I pressed the start button and "NOTHING"!!! I replaced the battery and still nothing. There's no indication of "error" on the dash. It's only got 6300 miles on it. What in the world could this be???
Thanks bunches,
George
Hate to state the obvious, but you do have your foot on the brake and gear lever is in 'P'? Also, since this is day 4 of your message, can I 'assume' you have figured the problem out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G-Man, I did find out that my F-Type 2016, has two batteries. The main on the left inside of trunk and a small five and a half pound lithum-ion somewhere in the trunk also which is dedicated only to the "start button ignition". Do you think this is the problem???
George

·
Registered
14 Posts
G-Man, I did find out that my F-Type 2016, has two batteries. The main on the left inside of trunk and a small five and a half pound lithum-ion somewhere in the trunk also which is dedicated only to the "start button ignition". Do you think this is the problem???
George
Sorry, I can't help you here. I gave up working on 'Modern' cars years ago. But, if you think you have a dodgy battery, that should be easy to test. Also, have you checked your fuses? The only other idea I have is to check the batteries in your fobs. My F-Type wouldn't 'turn-on', so I checked the main car battery, but it was ok. Then I tried the spare fob, and still no satisfaction. It didn't dawn on me right away that both fobs would lose their battery charge at the same time. Two new fob batteries, and I'm good to go again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts