Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase an F Type R used, 2014-2016 and would like to get some info on what to look for and things to check before I buy the car. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking to purchase an F Type R used, 2014-2016 and would like to get some info on what to look for and things to check before I buy the car. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks
Doesn't look like you got much of a response to your question. I'm only replying to let you know that other than a failed brake sensor at 30k miles, I've had no problem with my 2013-14 F-Type V-8 S. Oh, I did have both key fobs die at the same time about a year or two ago. Other than replacing brakes and tires from a few too many track days, I really can't fault my Jag. Oh, and I forgot about replacing my main battery last month. It only lasted 7 years....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, sounds like a solid car. Been reading a lot of posts and learned a lot. Hope to be in one shortly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had started looking a few months back and did not have much to say when I saw the post either as I just found mine. I found 2 actually.. Both 2015s both Rs and both 16K miles..
One white one Black... My wife and I loved the White and black contrast of the first one we drove.. but carfax showed 2 accidents. So we left and drove the Black one.. ALL blacked out, aftermarket black Wheels that also came with Stock ones and tires on them... few K more.. but after picking it up I realized one of the 2 previous owners changed the speakers because folks complain so so much about the sound systems on the Rs... this one ROCKs, but is crystal clear no speaker issues with my vast range of taste Rock.. well worth 2K extra for what I got and a clean Carfax.

Check the carfax, make sure the body lines are right, the white one, you could see the gas cover did not sit right Back gaps were not even all the way around... look for tire uneven wear, take it to a shop to have them look for leaks or issues. might cost a little, but can shave thousands. I learked for a long time on many sites before pulling the trigger. My best friend about 4yrs ago got a 2010 XFR got the bug started for me.. We have no kids at home so a 2 door grew on me vs his 4.. but both cars are excellent machines. Pick what options and features you want in your head, which will lead you what year you want then just check each one very carefully until you find the ONE. I wanted a 15R because I did not want All wheel drive, I would have went with a RS-5 if I wanted that type of car, no one does all wheel better than Audi.
Good look in your search, they are out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had started looking a few months back and did not have much to say when I saw the post either as I just found mine. I found 2 actually.. Both 2015s both Rs and both 16K miles..
One white one Black... My wife and I loved the White and black contrast of the first one we drove.. but carfax showed 2 accidents. So we left and drove the Black one.. ALL blacked out, aftermarket black Wheels that also came with Stock ones and tires on them... few K more.. but after picking it up I realized one of the 2 previous owners changed the speakers because folks complain so so much about the sound systems on the Rs... this one ROCKs, but is crystal clear no speaker issues with my vast range of taste Rock.. well worth 2K extra for what I got and a clean Carfax.

Check the carfax, make sure the body lines are right, the white one, you could see the gas cover did not sit right Back gaps were not even all the way around... look for tire uneven wear, take it to a shop to have them look for leaks or issues. might cost a little, but can shave thousands. I learked for a long time on many sites before pulling the trigger. My best friend about 4yrs ago got a 2010 XFR got the bug started for me.. We have no kids at home so a 2 door grew on me vs his 4.. but both cars are excellent machines. Pick what options and features you want in your head, which will lead you what year you want then just check each one very carefully until you find the ONE. I wanted a 15R because I did not want All wheel drive, I would have went with a RS-5 if I wanted that type of car, no one does all wheel better than Audi.

Thanks. Found a couple in the last week but with this virus running around I'm going to have to wait a while but thanks for the info. I know I'll have one soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all that replied to my post. Yesterday I purchased a 2015 Stratus Grey Metallic F Type R with 12000 miles. Drove it home 750 miles - WOW!!! Crazy fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to all that replied to my post. Yesterday I purchased a 2015 Stratus Grey Metallic F Type R with 12000 miles. Drove it home 750 miles - WOW!!! Crazy fast.
View attachment 528
Very glad to see you found one Howard! Beautiful car!
it amazes me how may LOW mile 2015 Rs are out there, I have mine almost to 19K already haha..
Yes, they are crazy fast and will put a smile on your face every time you hit the magic button.. I hope you have many years of safe and fun mile Howard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts