Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hope everyone is okay and enjoying your new F-Type's (if you have them yet).

Our research team have asked me to ask you a question regarding the QR Tags in the handbook that takes you straight to "How To" videos. I was wondering what your opinions were on them? Are they helpful? Would you like to see them in future handbooks? Have you used them at all? Any general feedback you have would be appreciated.

Many Thanks for your time.

Mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Mike,
I used the tag that came on the keychain to access videos. I went through all of them - some were useful, some were less so. Don't recall if I used any out of the handbook.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't have my car yet but the videos are useful, even for pre-purchase decision making. My concern re QR tagging is imposes a layer of complexity, one that may not sit well with the demographic of the F-type market.

In a former life I owned a company that built training materials for automotive apprentices, (CDX) with about 1000 short (2-3 min) embedded videos and delivered online and on DVD. Response was overwhelming, we displaced textbooks in thousands of institutions over the world. i.e people preferred them as a communications medium for technical info

I mention that to support a suggestion, why not take these videos, and others, and provide a DVD with the car, and with brochures, and identical content online for those who haven't made a decision yet. A DVD costs a lot less to produce than your fabulous brochures, which are pretty much only available on a loan basis in my town...and while it's not good for delivering print its excellent for delivering video.

just a thought...

Hi All,

Hope everyone is okay and enjoying your new F-Type's (if you have them yet).

Our research team have asked me to ask you a question regarding the QR Tags in the handbook that takes you straight to "How To" videos. I was wondering what your opinions were on them? Are they helpful? Would you like to see them in future handbooks? Have you used them at all? Any general feedback you have would be appreciated.

Many Thanks for your time.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts