Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was looking at F-types, I asked two different salesman at two different dealerships about the satellite radio. I asked each of them if I needed the HD radio option to get satellite radio (Sirius). Both of them told me that all the radios have it. I later found out after we bought the car that is not correct. All F-types are wired for satellite radio, but you need the upgraded HD radio to actually get it.

Our dealer said that maybe a module could be added to our radio, but they have no information from Jaguar at this on how to do it.

The radio would not have been a deal breaker when we bought the car off the lot, but does anyone know of a reasonable way to add it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tom45 said:
When I was looking at F-types, I asked two different salesman at two different dealerships about the satellite radio. I asked each of them if I needed the HD radio option to get satellite radio (Sirius). Both of them told me that all the radios have it. I later found out after we bought the car that is not correct. All F-types are wired for satellite radio, but you need the upgraded HD radio to actually get it.

Our dealer said that maybe a module could be added to our radio, but they have no information from Jaguar at this on how to do it.

The radio would not have been a deal breaker when we bought the car off the lot, but does anyone know of a reasonable way to add it?
[hr]
Don't know how to fix but I had the same experience. In fact, the Sirius/XM website indicates all new Jags are satellite ready so I was disappointed to find out my car wasn't. Since I ordered my car, I would have paid the $450 to get the HD/satellite config, but I just didn't have the intel from Jag or sales.
[hr]
Tom45 said:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my V8S as early as I could and specified Sirius. The confirmation sent by the dealer stated that it had the Meridien system and a line item about being wired for sat radio so I assumed all was correct. As it turned out, the car was not delivered with Sirius and I have been very disappointed to learn that there is no way to add it after the fact (regardless of what system is in the car).

On a side note; my nav screen failed and upon replacement I was able to see that there are several digital connection points on the back of the screen and one was empty (I assume it would be for the satellite module). You would think that there is a tuner box from Jaguar that would be easy to wire into the system.

I too would be eager to know if anyone has been told anything different. As with Tom45, its not a deal breaker, but it would be nice to have. I do not want to install an aftermarket set up though. In the meantime, I just stream from my iPhone app if there is something in particular I want to listen to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts