Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my car yesterday - V6 S, Italian Racing Red with (supposedly) jet seats and red stitching and red seatbelts. My wife and I both think the stitching looks more orange than red- probably firesand, which is one of the offered options. Of course, the dealer says this is the color they use and there is nothing to be done. Probably they are not going to do anything about this, and certainly this is something that would be very hard to prove (build sheet is correct).

We love the car otherwise, but it sure seems like when you pay $100,000 on a car, you ought to be able to get the colors you ordered.

I'd be interested in any ideas about how to pursue this, or should we just suck it up and get used to it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi.

Congratulations on the car. Where are you based? There are quite a few cars with red stitching around so I would try and find one to compare. I must say the ones I have seen have had red not orange. Maybe you could post a pic.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
MartyD said:
I just picked up my car yesterday - V6 S, Italian Racing Red with (supposedly) jet seats and red stitching and red seatbelts. My wife and I both think the stitching looks more orange than red- probably firesand, which is one of the offered options. Of course, the dealer says this is the color they use and there is nothing to be done. Probably they are not going to do anything about this, and certainly this is something that would be very hard to prove (build sheet is correct).

We love the car otherwise, but it sure seems like when you pay $100,000 on a car, you ought to be able to get the colors you ordered.

I'd be interested in any ideas about how to pursue this, or should we just suck it up and get used to it?
I have red stitching on my seats. The red is obviously red and not orange. You should see if you can find another car in your area with red stitching and compare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the bottom line on this is that the stitching is red, but a red that matches the Salsa Red exterior color, which is much lighter than the Italian racing Red my car is painted. When you put that color next to the Racing Red, it looks orange. My salesman says he will advise future customers that this is not a great color combination, but that doesn't do much for me. He did present me with a free Jaguar jacket by way of apology, and I find that I don't notice the color mismatch very much now that I am used to it.
KelleyK said:
MartyD said:

I have red stitching on my seats. The red is obviously red and not orange. You should see if you can find another car in your area with red stitching and compare.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have Ital.RR and Red stitching in LA if you are near here. It is very clearly red not firesand/orange. I have seen the firesand stitching. Not at all the same. Honestly hearing your description I would believe you must have the wrong color.

MartyD said:
So the bottom line on this is that the stitching is red, but a red that matches the Salsa Red exterior color, which is much lighter than the Italian racing Red my car is painted. When you put that color next to the Racing Red, it looks orange. My salesman says he will advise future customers that this is not a great color combination, but that doesn't do much for me. He did present me with a free Jaguar jacket by way of apology, and I find that I don't notice the color mismatch very much now that I am used to it.
KelleyK said:
MartyD said:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have Italian RR with red stitching and red belts. All three colors look identical. There is no mistaking the stitching colors at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
KelownaV8-S
Jaguar F-Type Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Jaguar F-TYPE sports car owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing