Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a big item but the owners handbook states "The vehicle must be unlocked using the Smart key before the filler flap can be opened"

I assume that when the car is locked the flap can't be opened, but my can be opened when the car is lock.

Can other owners tell me if their flap locks or not. Since must higher end cars have locking gas caps or doors, I assume something must be wrong with my car.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
The fuel door does not lock. I discovered that with my F Type. I took it to the dealership thinking a part was missing or defective. I found out Jaguar does not install the locking mechanism on the F Types. I contacted Jaguar USA and voiced my concern over the fuel door not locking. They are taking my concerns and comments to product development.

·
Registered
65 Posts
NaplesTopLess said:
This is not a big item but the owners handbook states "The vehicle must be unlocked using the Smart key before the filler flap can be opened"

I assume that when the car is locked the flap can't be opened, but my can be opened when the car is lock.

Can other owners tell me if their flap locks or not. Since must higher end cars have locking gas caps or doors, I assume something must be wrong with my car.

Thanks
I have also looked into this Gas door locking issue. Our unit, which was also ordered from Naples, does not have any way to lock the flap
over the gas cap. This is the first time in years that I did not have this feature. It is possible, keeping marketing in mind, that only the F-Type V8S has this feature....I guess when gas hits $10.00 per gallon in the future, we too will be looking for a locking gas cap! Pascha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I realised today when I went for only my 2nd fill up that while there is provision (a hole in the inner plastic molding) for a bayonet lock it is not there. I would have expected that if the manual implies the flap should lock, then it should lock and someone is trying to duck the issue and avoid correction costs.
I will raise this with my dealer next week as it is a major engine security issue.

Eugene

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine locks with vehicle, but unlocks if I have the proximity key on me. Did get a s/w update last month, wonder if that made a difference?

·
Registered
65 Posts
should the Gas Filler Flap lock?

Is it possible that you can take a photo of the gas filler that is on your F-type? I do not
see any physical means in which this cap can lock....Thank you....Pascha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts