Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten this button to work? It didn't do anything on my 2015 R and it doesn't do anything on my 2020 R. So.....am I missing something here? The button lights up when I push it, but it doesn't do anything to the spoiler. It still raises and lowers on it's own depending on my speed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure but is it intended to stop the spoiler lifting when you go above 70mph, the normal lift speed.
Perhaps you need to drive faster!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure but is it intended to stop the spoiler lifting when you go above 70mph, the normal lift speed.
Perhaps you need to drive faster!!!!
Lol I doubt it, I have quite the lead foot! Do you press the button before you get past 70? How does it work on yours?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I checked mine in the garage, without the engine running.
You are correct. The button activates the spoiler (manually). Press, it goes up. Press again, it goes down.
On the highway, it lifts automatically at about 70mph, then retracts when speed drops.
Have not checked to see if the button will lower the spoiler above 70mph - next time out.
Mine is the 2021 R-Dynamic but would expect the 2020R to be the same.
Time for trip to the dealer!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone gotten this button to work? It didn't do anything on my 2015 R and it doesn't do anything on my 2020 R. So.....am I missing something here? The button lights up when I push it, but it doesn't do anything to the spoiler. It still raises and lowers on it's own depending on my speed.
Works perfectly on my 2014 v8s convertible. Ignition on, press button, up it pops, ignition off now I can clean under the spoiler. Gets dirty under there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked mine in the garage, without the engine running.
You are correct. The button activates the spoiler (manually). Press, it goes up. Press again, it goes down.
On the highway, it lifts automatically at about 70mph, then retracts when speed drops.
Have not checked to see if the button will lower the spoiler above 70mph - next time out.
Mine is the 2021 R-Dynamic but would expect the 2020R to be the same.
Time for trip to the dealer!!
I never tried the button when the car wasn't in motion. I tried it in my garage, sure enough it works! I was thinking it was there so that I could lower it when I wanted to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s used to raise and lower the spoiler for cleaning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts