Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the group and I just purchased a 2015 F-Type S V8 convertible , LOVE the car, the only problem that I have is that when I push the spoiler button without the engine running and the ignition on I get SPOILER NOT AVAILABLE, and if I get the car past 60mph the spoiler will not raise, is there anything I can check before I take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm new to the group and I just purchased a 2015 F-Type S V8 convertible , LOVE the car, the only problem that I have is that when I push the spoiler button without the engine running and the ignition on I get SPOILER NOT AVAILABLE, and if I get the car past 60mph the spoiler will not raise, is there anything I can check before I take it to the dealer?
Somebody's not reading....smile! If you turn your beast on but do not hold the brake it will not start but the electrical system will engage. At that point you can push the spoiler button and it will raise for cleaning. When you are driving, once you reach 71 mph your spoiler will rise. I find the best time to clean under the spoiler is when you're driving 71 mph...joking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done that, and the spoiler still isn't working, and it does not activate once the car is above 71mph, the fuses are good and I've been working on this for about a month, I applied power directly to the spoiler motor and the spoiler motor works, finally gave up and took it to the Dealer today, I was charged $169 for them to tell me that the fuses are good and they washed the car, so I paid $169 for a car wash. now they want to charge me $675 to check out the wring harness, which I'm going to try and do myself now. I find it hard to believe there is a problem with the wring harness, but that's all that's left to check

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've done that, and the spoiler still isn't working, and it does not activate once the car is above 71mph, the fuses are good and I've been working on this for about a month, I applied power directly to the spoiler motor and the spoiler motor works, finally gave up and took it to the Dealer today, I was charged $169 for them to tell me that the fuses are good and they washed the car, so I paid $169 for a car wash. now they want to charge me $675 to check out the wring harness, which I'm going to try and do myself now. I find it hard to believe there is a problem with the wring harness, but that's all that's left to check
Hmmmm, seems someone is trying to run you through the ringer...or your money that is. Instead of taking it back to Jag, take it to a Auto Electric place and let them trouble shoot it. Now that you know the motor is good you don't need them anymore. You need to check the "heat" in your line to see if its hot. I'm thinking ground since the fuse is good which you said it is. Hell, I wish I had that problem. I hate that spoiler popping up. Let's the cop know I'm at least doing 71 mph. Good luck Madjag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts