Jaguar F-Type Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a 4 cylinder f-type (2018- 2020) and prices seem to be coming down.My question is how will the discontinuation of production of the f-type after 2024 effect resale value and maintenance in the future? Also; Are the 4 cylinder cars any good vs P340?

· Registered
7 Posts
I can tell you that I got bought out of my ‘20 lease (4 cylinder) and purchased a new ‘22 p450 2 months ago. The 4 cylinder car is fun and the mileage is great but the v8 is just a more entertaining (performance and auditory) experience. That said, I wanted to buy it because these petrol sports cars/GTs are becoming extinct. I say go for it!😅

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I found a Certified 2019 P 340 conv w/11k mls, but I think it is way overpriced at $61950. Also looked at a 2018 296 hp conv for $45,900 w/30k mls. ..not certified but some warranty left. Sounds like a good deal to me. Your thoughts?

· Registered
7 Posts
Well, mine was a '20....ligurian black matte paint and LOADED...sticker on the car was around $81k. When I was bought out it had 4,000 miles on it and I believe the dealer sold it for the high 50s. I would definitely go CPO for peace of mind...just keep looking on the Jaguar USA site for pre-owned inventory and find a clean low-mileage example. Patience will serve you well lol!

· Registered
2 Posts
To give you a point of reference. I got my 2018 2.0t in December 2021 for 45k with 22k miles on it as a CPO with service records and a clean history. It’s got enough pep for me although I’m sure the larger engines are going to be more fun. Nonetheless I love mine.. can’t complain, life is good behind the wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts