Jaguar F-Type Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to buy a F-type Convertible in either Black or Red with Red interior. Would prefer an R because of the thug ass growl that comes with the V8.

However there is also the cost factor between the S (35-45k) and the R (45-60k) so I’m wondering if I would be content with a V6S with an ECM upgrade and upgraded pipes. Would love to get some perspective from current owners.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Once you drive an R, you will be hooked.. so if you are not sure you want one.. don't drive it lol.. both are nice cars, LOVE< LOVE< LOVE the sound and pull of the V8SC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...I think you are right. The V6 is peppy so if get behind the V8 I will probably be hooked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m looking to buy a F-type Convertible in either Black or Red with Red interior. Would prefer an R because of the thug ass growl that comes with the V8.

However there is also the cost factor between the S (35-45k) and the R (45-60k) so I’m wondering if I would be content with a V6S with an ECM upgrade and upgraded pipes. Would love to get some perspective from I
Yeah...I think you are right. The V6 is peppy so if get behind the V8 I will probably be hooked.
I have an 2017 S and I love it, but I wish I purchased the R. The 2020’s and 21,s I believe are AWD drive like the S. I’m definitely looking to upgrade. Don’t get me wrong the S model will move I guess it’s your preference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 2017 S and I love it, but I wish I purchased the R. The 2020’s and 21,s I believe are AWD drive like the S. I’m definitely looking to upgrade. Don’t get me wrong the S model will move I guess it’s your preference.
Thanks for sharing. I test drove a 14 V8 S and it was bananas with the power and sound. To think that the R is even more powerful with an exhaust note to match...my mind is made up. Gotta go with a V8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts